MPRE ADMISSION TICKET WON'T DISPLAY - HELP PLEASE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ResIpsa21

Bronze

Re: MPRE ADMISSION TICKET WON'T DISPLAY - HELP PLEASE

Post by ResIpsa21 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:31 am

Any chance this is just a system bug and it'll work itself out before morning? I am in Washington, D.C. and I am having the same problem.

TaipeiMort

Silver

Post by TaipeiMort » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:32 am

CDGA wrote:I'm in the same boat here. I accessed it a few hours ago but wasn't in a location where I could print. I imagine they set it to be accessible for a certain range of dates that either purposely or accidentally excludes today. Knowing how these things work, I'm sure we're not getting let in tomorrow, and I get to take the MPRE after the bar. Jesus.
It should be fixed in the morning. If it isn't, I'm sure LSAC will be responsive. If not, we have pretty strong evidence here that it was their mess-up, and should be able to coordinate a response to ensure we don't have to take it in August.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:32 am

ResIpsa21 wrote:Any chance this is just a system bug and it'll work itself out before morning? I am in Washington, D.C. and I am having the same problem.
+1

Trying to stay calm.

TaipeiMort

Silver

Post by TaipeiMort » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:33 am

Last edited by TaipeiMort on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

UtahPhi

New

Post by UtahPhi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:34 am

SFConfidential wrote:I'm going to be so pissed if I A) wake up super fucking early to drive down there and get turned away and thus B) have to take the damn thing after the Bar in August.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

inderdatta

New

Post by inderdatta » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 am

I'm just hoping for the 73 bucks back if they don't let us in. This is outrageous

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 am

I'd go to bed, just wake up a bit early and try tomorrow morning before you leave.

ResIpsa21

Bronze

Post by ResIpsa21 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:42 am

Desert Fox wrote:I'd go to bed, just wake up a bit early and try tomorrow morning before you leave.
There's no way I am going to be able to sleep. The idea of having to explain to my firm why my bar license is delayed scares the hell out of me. Then again, would someone taking the bar in Virginia have an MPRE score before bar exam results if forced to take the next MPRE?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:44 am

ResIpsa21 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I'd go to bed, just wake up a bit early and try tomorrow morning before you leave.
There's no way I am going to be able to sleep. The idea of having to explain to my firm why my bar license is delayed scares the hell out of me. Then again, would someone taking the bar in Virginia have an MPRE score before bar exam results if forced to take the next MPRE?
Pretty sure you can take time without any problem.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CDGA

New

Post by CDGA » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:46 am

TaipeiMort wrote:
CDGA wrote:I'm in the same boat here. I accessed it a few hours ago but wasn't in a location where I could print. I imagine they set it to be accessible for a certain range of dates that either purposely or accidentally excludes today. Knowing how these things work, I'm sure we're not getting let in tomorrow, and I get to take the MPRE after the bar. Jesus.
It should be fixed in the morning. If it isn't, I'm sure LSAC will be responsive. If not, we have pretty strong evidence here that it was their mess-up, and should be able to coordinate a response to ensure we don't have to take it in August.
Except for the fact that we're all applying to different state bars who uniformly require an MPRE score, so no coordinated response can really happen.

j0shle0

New

Post by j0shle0 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:59 am

I called their tech support line and left a detailed CYA message. I would encourage anyone who has not done that to do so.

215-504-3886
Option 2

ILuvjoi

New

Post by ILuvjoi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:07 am

starrydecisus wrote:I'm worried they're going to make a fuss about this:

"It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact LSAC at (215) 504-3886 or at MPREinfo@LSAC.org if an Admission
Ticket is not available online within two weeks of the examination."
I, too, am unable to vie my ticket.

"Check the admission ticket in your online account the day before the test to see if there are any changes to the test center reporting address."

This statement was part of my registration confirmation.

ResIpsa21

Bronze

Post by ResIpsa21 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:14 am

I am so furious. I even looked at my ticket a week ago to make sure it still matched up with my information, but figured, "why print this now? I'll just print it before the exam when I am getting all my things together." Is it even worth going to the testing center? They are SO ridiculously explicit about not admitting anyone without a ticket. F. Any words of support much appreciated.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RalcornASU

New

Post by RalcornASU » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:17 am

So, how about that Class-action lawsuit?

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:17 am

I'm paranoid about this sort of thing so I always just use "print to pdf" if I'm not at a printer. Not that this is of any help now when you can't even generate the pdf, but it's definitely a helpful tool to use in the future.

CDGA

New

Post by CDGA » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:20 am

I'm going to go to the testing center- early. I'm going to hope there is someone who can get someone on the phone and maybe do something. Then, if I'm extraordinarily lucky, I'm going to take and fail the MPRE because I've been up all night stressing.

justjoined

New

Post by justjoined » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:22 am

I am having this issue too. I surely hope that we are able to take the test above anything else. However, they could at least refund us our money if they should decide that we can't (which I again, hope doesn't happen).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ResIpsa21

Bronze

Post by ResIpsa21 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:23 am

CDGA wrote:I'm going to go to the testing center- early. I'm going to hope there is someone who can get someone on the phone and maybe do something. Then, if I'm extraordinarily lucky, I'm going to take and fail the MPRE because I've been up all night stressing.
THIS.

SFConfidential

New

Post by SFConfidential » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:27 am

ResIpsa21 wrote:I am so furious. I even looked at my ticket a week ago to make sure it still matched up with my information, but figured, "why print this now? I'll just print it before the exam when I am getting all my things together." Is it even worth going to the testing center? They are SO ridiculously explicit about not admitting anyone without a ticket. F. Any words of support much appreciated.
Literally nothing to lose by going. If you stay home, you clearly don't get in and you're stuck taking it in August when you'd rather be drunk on a beach in Europe somewhere on your bar trip. Go early, be persistent, point out that you accessed the ticket in advance (which is what the exam administor's online language said we're responsible for doing...ensuring it is available online and you checked and it was), and then when you went to print, it was not accessible. There's every reason to go.

SFConfidential

New

Post by SFConfidential » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:30 am

Also, I don't know if this will end up helping, but it might be helpful to ensure you have your NCBE number or whatever that acronym is. That likely will be how they can look you up, if that is possible.

lauren0834

New

Post by lauren0834 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:36 am

Would any of you East Coasters mind posting what happens if you can when you show up tomorrow? Might help us out here that are a few hours behind if there is anything we can do at that point. Much appreciated!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

justjoined

New

Post by justjoined » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:38 am

Does anyone know what time the actual exam starts? I am in the Midwest (central time). Is it the same across the land?

Glock

Bronze

Post by Glock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:42 am

Chalk another one up for it not loading. You know that they are going to give us the old "it's your fault that we messed up" game.

There seems be to quite a few people with this problem though. I just think their policy is fuck you.

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:42 am

justjoined wrote:Does anyone know what time the actual exam starts? I am in the Midwest (central time). Is it the same across the land?
I think 9? My ticket says to show up at 8:30. I'm on Eastern time though. I doubt they'd make people in California show up at 5:30 AM though so I assume it's a 9 AM exam for everyone.

Glock

Bronze

Post by Glock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:43 am

justjoined wrote:Does anyone know what time the actual exam starts? I am in the Midwest (central time). Is it the same across the land?

Its 830am where ever you are. Accordingly people on east coast can report in results live.

EAST COAST: give us updates on results!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”