ABA - BNA Award for Excellent in IP Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
anon143

New

ABA - BNA Award for Excellent in IP

Post by anon143 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Has anyone received an ABA - BNA award for excellence in Intellectual Property or know of it? Is it a big deal? My school gives them out to 3 students before graduation. I'm not exactly sure how the winners are chosen. Thanks in advance.

patrickd139

Gold

Re: ABA - BNA Award for Excellent in IP

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Two years with a dormant SN and this is your first post?

Also, google it. JFC people are lazy.

http://www.bna.com/ababna-award-program-p12884902690/

anon143

New

Post by anon143 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 pm

patrickd139 wrote:Two years with a dormant SN and this is your first post?

Also, google it. JFC people are lazy.

http://www.bna.com/ababna-award-program-p12884902690/
Aware of the website and that it doesn't answer my questions. Could someone more helpful respond, and with a little more tact?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 am

Well, the webpage seems to make pretty clear that schools pick the winners, send the names to the ABA/Bloomberg, and then ABA/Bloomberg sends you a certificate. And the actual criteria is either top grade or something else determined by the school, not by ABA/Bloomberg. Not sure what's confusing about that.

anon143

New

Post by anon143 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Well, the webpage seems to make pretty clear that schools pick the winners, send the names to the ABA/Bloomberg, and then ABA/Bloomberg sends you a certificate. And the actual criteria is either top grade or something else determined by the school, not by ABA/Bloomberg. Not sure what's confusing about that.
Reading Comprehension to the two above posters. Here are the questions that I asked.

"Has anyone received an ABA - BNA award for excellence in Intellectual Property or know of it? Is it a big deal?"

The website does not answer these questions. Anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

guano

Gold

Post by guano » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 am

anon143 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Well, the webpage seems to make pretty clear that schools pick the winners, send the names to the ABA/Bloomberg, and then ABA/Bloomberg sends you a certificate. And the actual criteria is either top grade or something else determined by the school, not by ABA/Bloomberg. Not sure what's confusing about that.
Reading Comprehension to the two above posters. Here are the questions that I asked.

"Has anyone received an ABA - BNA award for excellence in Intellectual Property or know of it? Is it a big deal?"

The award seems like utter bullshit, but the criteria are not. Being top in your class is a bigger deal than the accolades that come with it

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 am

anon143 wrote:

I like you. You're going to do well here.

anon143

New

Post by anon143 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:33 am

guano wrote:
anon143 wrote:

The award seems like utter bullshit, but the criteria are not. Being top in your class is a bigger deal than the accolades that come with it
This was my gut reaction. Thank you!

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 am

anon143 wrote:
guano wrote:
anon143 wrote:

This was my gut reaction. Thank you!
And just like that, someone who called out two veteran posters for reading comp has his ego assuaged by a single poster's one-line opinion.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

anon143

New

Post by anon143 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 am

And it could have been 3 opinions. However, yours proved rude and unhelpful. Thanks for trying.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 am

anon143 wrote:And it could have been 3 opinions. However, yours proved rude and unhelpful. Thanks for trying.
Oh, honey. You must be new around here.

guano

Gold

Post by guano » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:54 am

8)

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:11 am

This award disgusts me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am

Maybe if I bury this award with my diploma in the yard behind the unemployment office, it will grown into a marvelous bean stalk.

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Maybe if I bury this award with my diploma in the yard behind the unemployment office, it will grown into a marvelous bean stalk.
You're just bitter because I won this at our school instead of you, aren't you. AREN'T YOU?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”