Character and fitness question Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bmt05002

New

Character and fitness question

Post by bmt05002 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Hey all,

With bar exams approaching, I have a character and fitness question. In college, 4 years ago, I got in trouble for taking and destroying one of the schools trash bins. I totally fessed up to everything and accepted my punishment. I ended up receiving a warning from the school and had to write a paper as punishment. I wasn't suspended or anything serious like that but there is a record of the incident with the school. I disclosed this on my law school app and I am going to disclose the incident to the bar committee as well. Is this something I should be worried about? Other than this, my record is clean.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful!

Thanks!!!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Character and fitness question

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:47 pm

No, you shouldn't be worried. It's over and past; you took your punishment and it's done. At least in my state, we were told that you could have been convicted of a felony, and as long as you had done your time and it was over, you could get admitted [I'm sure your application might get extra scrutiny but that's what they told us]. This is way too minor to be an issue. Plus, what C&F tends to get really upset with is anything that smacks of fraud/dishonestly, and money problems. You'll be fine.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”