Proskauer 1L Diversity Reception grades Question Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ECthegawd

New

Proskauer 1L Diversity Reception grades Question

Post by ECthegawd » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 pm

For those who don't know its a diversity networking event for minority Lawyers and students in the NYC/NJ area. Below median (B- average) at T-2 in the NYC/NJ area. Should I even bother going to this event and network? I'm a minority (AA male) but just feel with my grades I'd be a ding at most firms anyway. I want to be an ADA when I get out, but I feel like I should at least make an effort to get in with a firm, Thoughts?

Jsa725

Gold

Re: Proskauer 1L Diversity Reception grades Question

Post by Jsa725 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rootbeer

New

Post by Rootbeer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 am

These sorts of things are usually fun and as a 1L you should really be making whatever connections you can as early as you can. If you're below median it's EVEN MORE important you go to these things. Not to mention, ADAs show up at receptions too. Regardless, you never know who may be helping you big time down the line, so you should just go without any expectations and have fun with it. Plus, when I hear "Reception" I think free food and beer...I'm not sure why anyone would be so afraid of that unless they're making you pay to go.

nimhnimh

New

Post by nimhnimh » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:21 am

Yeah I've been, no harm in attending at all. Meet people and learn about the firm.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”