books to read before 1L starts Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
katespade

New

Post by katespade » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:30 pm

Thanks for the tip VM, but I've got to catch up to all the kmoneys and letylyfs of the world!

Saw a book in Barnes & Noble called "Law School Planet II" along the same vein as "Getting to Maybe," I think? - anyone read?

And I've gotten "One L" and "Broken Contract" out of the library, thanks kmoneys, my law school bibliographer. Scott Turow is making me very very excited to just get in there & get started! (maybe I haven't gotten far enough yet!)

katespade

New

Post by katespade » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:38 pm

PS VictoriaMarie - did you buy the commercial outlines that "Law School Confidential" recommends? It seems weird to me not to buy outlines by all the same author, like all Gilbert's or all Emanuel's. Not that I'm the expert. Are you digging them?

And five-color-highlighting, if you're doing it, instead of briefing before class - how's that working out?

v. dentata

New

Re:

Post by v. dentata » Fri May 21, 2010 1:10 am

letylyf wrote:i remember once calling my intro to poli sci/us govt professor on a mistake he made during our midterm exam. the question was what is the search and seizure amendment and (it being multiple choice) IV was not listed as an answer. haha. when I pointed it out to him, he tried to argue that VI was the answer. i made him look it up and he discounted the question. the idea was to see if we really had memorized the articles and amendments to the const... and i knew them better than my prof. haha.

one of my shining moments :P

i had to memorize the preamble in middle school too! we did all those things, the preamble to the dec of ind, getteysburg address, oh fun times.

jeff the entire document is not that interesting. its mostly pretty boring laying out of rules and power divisions that you basically know already anyway if you know anything about our fed govt. studying its history and inception is much much more interesting and, i think, valuable...
Maybe your professor was dyslexic? :D

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: Re:

Post by thesealocust » Fri May 21, 2010 1:14 am

v. dentata wrote:
letylyf wrote:i remember once calling my intro to poli sci/us govt professor on a mistake he made during our midterm exam. the question was what is the search and seizure amendment and (it being multiple choice) IV was not listed as an answer. haha. when I pointed it out to him, he tried to argue that VI was the answer. i made him look it up and he discounted the question. the idea was to see if we really had memorized the articles and amendments to the const... and i knew them better than my prof. haha.

i had to memorize the preamble in middle school too! we did all those things, the preamble to the dec of ind, getteysburg address, oh fun times.

jeff the entire document is not that interesting. its mostly pretty boring laying out of rules and power divisions that you basically know already anyway if you know anything about our fed govt. studying its history and inception is much much more interesting and, i think, valuable...
THIS THREAD WAS THREE AND A HALF YEARS OLD. You bumped it to make an inane reply to a poster who is probably already a lawyer who ignores this message board.

WHY?

isaiah6v8

Bronze

Re: books to read before 1L starts

Post by isaiah6v8 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:23 am

how did you even find this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PSLaplace

New

Post by PSLaplace » Fri May 21, 2010 1:55 am

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Fri May 21, 2010 2:09 am

PSLaplace wrote:Image
I like your style.

v. dentata

New

Re: Re:

Post by v. dentata » Sat May 22, 2010 10:03 am

thesealocust wrote:
v. dentata wrote:

THIS THREAD WAS THREE AND A HALF YEARS OLD. You bumped it to make an inane reply to a poster who is probably already a lawyer who ignores this message board.

WHY?
My sincere apologies. But... why do you care?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”