Exam Feedback Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LawSchoolHelp2

New

Exam Feedback

Post by LawSchoolHelp2 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:34 am

I asked a professor for feedback on an exam. The exam was in an area in which I am very interested. I wanted feedback that I thought would be helpful in the future. I phrased the email in a, "Your feedback would be very helpful so I can improve in the future" sort of way.

I was ignored. Is it okay to send another email?

First, I feel it's your duty as a professor to provide help when asked. Second, I spend $50k a year that goes toward your salary, the least you can do is help when asked.

Or...is it rude to send a polite follow-up email?

Thanks.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Exam Feedback

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:41 am

Go to their office hours. They're probably not going to write something out for you in an e-mail when they can sit down and talk with you about it.

(Also, depends a little on when your semester started - profs are always crazy busy at the beginning of a new semester and it's easy to let something fall through the cracks.)

LawSchoolHelp2

New

Post by LawSchoolHelp2 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:44 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Go to their office hours. They're probably not going to write something out for you in an e-mail when they can sit down and talk with you about it.

(Also, depends a little on when your semester started - profs are always crazy busy at the beginning of a new semester and it's easy to let something fall through the cracks.)
Thanks. I asked whether email or in person would be better. Not sure when office hours are, but I can try to find out.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:46 am

You can contact their faculty assistant. (Or if they're teaching this semester and they have a syllabus online, it should list the office hours, although they don't always.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”