Does it look bad to transfer "down"? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Halleluuu

New

Does it look bad to transfer "down"?

Post by Halleluuu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 pm

I go to a high T2 (about a 13hr drive from home) and want to transfer to a school closer to my family/friends and where I ultimately want to take the Bar and live. I went to the school I go to because of the scholarship and higher ranking, but I don't want to stay in this state after graduation. The schools in my area that previously accepted me are lower ranked T2s and TTT schools and I won't have a scholarship. Would it be a mistake to transfer? I know this is a personal decision, but I just wanted feedback.

stillwater

Gold

Re: Does it look bad to transfer "down"?

Post by stillwater » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Halleluuu wrote:I go to a high T2 (about a 13hr drive from home) and want to transfer to a school closer to my family/friends and where I ultimately want to take the Bar and live. I went to the school I go to because of the scholarship and higher ranking, but I don't want to stay in this state after graduation. The schools in my area that previously accepted me are lower ranked T2s and TTT schools and I won't have a scholarship. Would it be a mistake to transfer? I know this is a personal decision, but I just wanted feedback.
the better thing to consider is probably whether law school is a good place to be. paying freight at a T2/TTT is an awful idea. maybe reconsider this whole operation.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”