High GPA- TTT Summer Internships Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TTT_Student_1L

New

High GPA- TTT Summer Internships

Post by TTT_Student_1L » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 pm

I am going to a TTT law school in NC on scholarship, and understand that my chances of doing biglaw were basically eliminated and would be doing non-profit or law in a small community. Our curve is between a 2.8 and a 3.0 and I have gotten all of my grades back except for one and my gpa is a 3.91. I do not know my class rank, but using the estimator in the thread on class rank, it seems likely that my rank will be pretty high. That being said, I was wondering what my chances were for internships at the larger law firms in NC considering my school and all of the other competition in NC. Any advice would be great! I plan on applying with the PD office and that is where I would love to work, but the more places I apply and chances I have the better.

cinephile

Gold

Re: High GPA- TTT Summer Internships

Post by cinephile » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Apply for everything you want. Don't take yourself out of the running for biglaw if you want it.

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Honestly, go talk to your Dean and professors. I cannot speak for all TTTs, but all of them I am familiar with are almost paternalistically zealous in throwing whatever weight they have for their top students. I have heard of TTT Deans going out of their way to get their top students jobs with firms, state court of app, state sup cts. Personally though I am not sure how exactly you bring this up to them... i have heard of top TTT students being emailed by Deans, but not sure how to best initiate the convo.

Good work, use all resources available and you will do awesome.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Not good, especially if you go to Elon or Charlotte (I'm not sure which schools are TTT or TTTT). You may have a slim chance if Central or Campbell, but if also depends on what "large firms" means to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”