. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
thenewyorker

New

Post by thenewyorker » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 am

Last edited by thenewyorker on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jgc02a

New

Re: Contracts Exam Answer Organization

Post by jgc02a » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 pm

thenewyorker wrote:What is the best way to organize a Ks exam answer? Property and torts seem to lend themselves to IRACing by each party's claims but it is a bit more difficult to organize by party in contracts.
0. applicable law (ucc or common law)
1. offer.
a. merchant firm, option, det reliance.
2. acceptance.
a. mirror image, ucc 2-207.
3. consideration.
a. promissory estopple.
4. defenses to formation.
a. Statue of Frauds, etc.......

z0rk

Bronze

Re: Contracts Exam Answer Organization

Post by z0rk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:59 pm

thenewyorker wrote:What is the best way to organize a Ks exam answer? Property and torts seem to lend themselves to IRACing by each party's claims but it is a bit more difficult to organize by party in contracts.
It honestly depends on the issue the question seeks to address. I took my contracts exam yesterday and of the four questions maybe one required a robust analysis of formation. The other questions were more heavily focused on breaches, conditions, and sequencing. In cases where formation wasn't an issue I literally just said in a sentence that the parties entered into a valid and enforceable contract (specifying if it was unilateral or bilateral) in consideration of (and state the consideration). The next sentence I would likely express the issue and then move into more of an IRA (no c, I don't think a definite conclusion is needed in an exam, just get to maybe and say it could be A or could be B and state which is more likely of the options).

Did you do practice exams? its a helpful excercise to figure out how a professor tests you and how you can organize answers.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”