Farm Lawyer Please Advise Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jusacountrylawyer

New

Farm Lawyer Please Advise

Post by jusacountrylawyer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:59 am

Hello. I am interested in practicing in the legal industry. Principally, I am interested in the areas of horse law and agriculuture law. Also, I am interested in criminal law because I have been victimized by bandits several time out of my grain bins in the last 6 months. Please can you recommend a law school with a strong horse/crime program? I have taken 1 practice LSAT and received a 174. Principally I would like to maintain my farm (principally alfalfa and soy) while maintaining a profitable law practice. Please advise.

gaud

Platinum

Re: Farm Lawyer Please Advise

Post by gaud » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:08 am

lol

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:09 am

The legal world is a scary place for us down home country types. People round these parts only seem to want to be one of the Brooks brothers and such.

jusacountrylawyer

New

Post by jusacountrylawyer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 am

Hello. I am looking for serious advice please. Do many law students principally wear overalls? Also, what is the legal sector in terms of agricultural/horse law?

eav1277

Bronze

Post by eav1277 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:20 am

Overalls are essential. The key is you can only use one of the buttons not both. Don't forget a cowboy hat too. The bigger the better. Otherwise people will know you're not a true law student.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:21 am

jusacountrylawyer wrote:Do many law students principally wear overalls?
No.

:cry:

jusacountrylawyer

New

Post by jusacountrylawyer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 am

Boy I am from Arkansas! And I do not wear 10 gallons! I appreciate humor but am honestly looking for real advice regarding agricultral law

eav1277

Bronze

Post by eav1277 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 am

--ImageRemoved--

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25 am

jusacountrylawyer wrote:I have been victimized by bandits several time out of my grain bins in the last 6 months. Please can you recommend a law school with a strong horse/crime program?
I actually pooped my pants on this one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jusacountrylawyer

New

Post by jusacountrylawyer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 am

Its not a joke! This is what we are up against in the rural (what I call the "real") America. http://k2radio.com/natrona-county-sheri ... -at-large/

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:30 am

What do ya chaw?

jusacountrylawyer

New

Post by jusacountrylawyer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:32 am

Hello. I do not see how that it is relevenat to my questions exactly. However I principally was a Copenhagen consumer before my better half made me quit the habit some 10+ years back.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:34 am

Because every good country lawyer takes a dip with his clients to get their trust. If you are really good you will get them to drink some Turkey with you as well. Its all billable.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jusacountrylawyer

New

Post by jusacountrylawyer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:38 am

Can you please explain the term "billable"? I do not usually use alcohol, but I can make an exception for business (hehe). However I am more of a fan of your "white lightning." I distrust liquor that is made by the US goverment.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 am

A billable hour is when you are working. Called billable since it is tradition to take your hat off when you are dealing with client matters (hat bill).

jusacountrylawyer

New

Post by jusacountrylawyer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:46 am

Thank you. I have chores to tend to right now. I hope I can access you all's fount of advice on down the road. Sincerely,

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 am

jusacountrylawyer wrote:Thank you. I have chores to tend to right now. I hope I can access you all's fount of advice on down the road. Sincerely,
You're the shit.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:40 am

Big Horse Law is going to be huge I tell you

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:45 am

This has got to be a flame, but in the interest of being nice and playing along...

I would recommend University of Kentucky - the school is strong in veterinary work, agricultural sciences, and is close to many of the big racing barns, so the law school seems to draw from that. Their equine law program is the best in the country.

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 am

piccolittle wrote:This has got to be a flame, but in the interest of being nice and playing along...

I would recommend University of Kentucky - the school is strong in veterinary work, agricultural sciences, and is close to many of the big racing barns, so the law school seems to draw from that. Their equine law program is the best in the country.
The overalls question, horse law question, and white lightning comment gave it away.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:21 am

Tom Joad wrote:
jusacountrylawyer wrote:Do many law students principally wear overalls?
No.

:cry:
I saw a chick walking out of the law school in overalls the other day. It was strangely hot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

smaug_

Gold

Post by smaug_ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:22 am

hume85 wrote:
piccolittle wrote:This has got to be a flame, but in the interest of being nice and playing along...

The overalls question, horse law question, and white lightning comment gave it away.
Bandits stealing out of a grain bin did not?

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:35 am

hibiki wrote:
hume85 wrote:

Bandits stealing out of a grain bin did not?
:lol: :lol: :lol: That one did too, but the other ones stood out more to me (I'm not sure why). TBH, every single sentence+his username gave it away.

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 am

This article may be of interest to you:
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index ... _dema.html
Small-town lawyer Lawrence Piergallini has no cell phone, no computer. Nor does he belong to a country club. In his spare time, you'll find him on a tractor. The family livestock farm is 10 minutes from the Jefferson County office where he's practiced law for 31 years.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:56 am

I.P. Daly wrote:This article may be of interest to you:
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index ... _dema.html
Small-town lawyer Lawrence Piergallini has no cell phone, no computer. Nor does he belong to a country club. In his spare time, you'll find him on a tractor. The family livestock farm is 10 minutes from the Jefferson County office where he's practiced law for 31 years.
Hey look, it's a real life John Grisham novel.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”