International Law 1L (need a book) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
john1990

Silver

International Law 1L (need a book)

Post by john1990 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:49 pm

I am not able to take international law as a 1L :(
Does anyone know of a good book to study international law? Would it be alright to pick up an older edition to save some money? How quickly does international law change?
Is this the appropriate section to ask this question? :mrgreen:

ph14

Gold

Re: International Law 1L (need a book)

Post by ph14 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:05 pm

john1990 wrote:I am not able to take international law as a 1L :(
Does anyone know of a good book to study international law? Would it be alright to pick up an older edition to save some money? How quickly does international law change?

Just wait and take it as a 2L. International law is changing, depends on how old the older edition is. Pick up any international law hornbook that is reasonably recent. And no, this is not the appropriate forum to ask this question.

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:50 pm

ph14 wrote:

Just wait and take it as a 2L. International law is changing, depends on how old the older edition is. Pick up any international law hornbook that is reasonably recent. And no, this is not the appropriate forum to ask this question.
Sorry do you know where it should be posted? I am travelling this winter and i want to know some international law before i leave. The topic is practically recreational for me.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:09 pm

john1990 wrote:
ph14 wrote:

Sorry do you know where it should be posted? I am travelling this winter and i want to know some international law before i leave. The topic is practically recreational for me.
In the "Ask a Law Student/Graduate" forum. Here is a list of hornbooks that might be of interest: http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/law/courses/intllaw.html.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”