Exam Prep Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cloud2010

New

Exam Prep

Post by cloud2010 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:47 am

Only finished 2 outlines out of 6....first exam in 2 weeks.... :(

How should I be prepping for exams other than outlining? my school doesn't have any useful past exams (only ones are from 2000s with complete different profs). Just go over my outlines over and over again? memorize?

Since only 1 out of the 6 exams actually count for grade at my school, should I even do my own outlines???? I am sick and tired, I just want to compile a bunch of outlines from upper years and study them instead.

Thanks

Diamond

Re: Exam Prep

Post by 09042014 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:58 am

cloud2010 wrote:Only finished 2 outlines out of 6....first exam in 2 weeks.... :(

How should I be prepping for exams other than outlining? my school doesn't have any useful past exams (only ones are from 2000s with complete different profs). Just go over my outlines over and over again? memorize?

Since only 1 out of the 6 exams actually count for grade at my school, should I even do my own outlines???? I am sick and tired, I just want to compile a bunch of outlines from upper years and study them instead.

Thanks
Is the 1 graded exam one of the two finished ones?

I'd say that there is really no way you can realistically, from scratch make 4 good outlines and be ready for exams. I'd do exactly what you said. Compile outlines and study them. And TAKE PRACTICE TESTS. At least one for each class. Multiple for the one that counts.

Then see if you do any better in the exams you made outlines for. Myself, I do worse when I make my own outline.

cloud2010

New

Post by cloud2010 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:04 am

Desert Fox wrote:
cloud2010 wrote:Only finished 2 outlines out of 6....first exam in 2 weeks.... :(

Thanks

I'd say that there is really no way you can realistically, from scratch make 4 good outlines and be ready for exams. I'd do exactly what you said. Compile outlines and study them. And TAKE PRACTICE TESTS. At least one for each class. Multiple for the one that counts.

Then see if you do any better in the exams you made outlines for. Myself, I do worse when I make my own outline.
Yes it is one of the two, and the other one is constitution. Luckily i think I got a good one for crime and contracts. I only have one past exam for all theses classes so I don't want to waste them. Should I first do some exams from other schools?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:09 am

cloud2010 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Thanks

Yes it is one of the two, and the other one is constitution. Luckily i think I got a good one for crime and contracts. I only have one past exam for all theses classes so I don't want to waste them. Should I first do some exams from other schools?
Yep, that's a good idea. But recognize they may cover different things. But just learning how to apply the law to facts is worth it.

cloud2010

New

Post by cloud2010 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:13 am

Desert Fox wrote:
cloud2010 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Thanks

Yep, that's a good idea. But recognize they may cover different things. But just learning how to apply the law to facts is worth it.
Thanks a lot, will start doing some exams asap

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”