OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Post Reply
SportsFan

Silver
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by SportsFan » Thu May 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Finally done. I can't believe it. :shock:
Good luck to everyone still working! Keep it up, you'll all do great!

User avatar
Doorkeeper

Gold
Posts: 4869
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 02, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm feeling good about Con Law and Property, but hot damn I don't know anything about Crim.

User avatar
LSL

Gold
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by LSL » Thu May 02, 2013 3:03 pm

.
Last edited by LSL on Fri May 03, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LetsGoLAW

Bronze
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by LetsGoLAW » Thu May 02, 2013 3:39 pm

First final is in a few days. Did a shit ton of PTs. Have all my answers pre-pagraphed. Typing them out non-stop. I feel like I have too much time on my hands. Any suggestions?

Danger Zone

Platinum
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Danger Zone » Thu May 02, 2013 3:43 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:First final is in a few days. Did a shit ton of PTs. Have all my answers pre-pagraphed. Typing them out non-stop. I feel like I have too much time on my hands. Any suggestions?
Have a drink?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
LetsGoLAW

Bronze
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by LetsGoLAW » Thu May 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:First final is in a few days. Did a shit ton of PTs. Have all my answers pre-pagraphed. Typing them out non-stop. I feel like I have too much time on my hands. Any suggestions?
Have a drink?
Nothing like celebrating the end of finals before they even start.

Edit: Oh, and on my open notebooks, will copying my pre-pagraphed answers (mostly memorized) be a time sink?

Danger Zone

Platinum
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Danger Zone » Thu May 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Doesn't that... save time?

User avatar
mephistopheles

Gold
Posts: 1936
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:43 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by mephistopheles » Thu May 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Doesn't that... save time?

i've only heard bad shit about having everything prewritten. you're boxed in and not as able to flow with the exam.

User avatar
Jsa725

Gold
Posts: 2002
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Jsa725 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:12 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
Doorkeeper

Gold
Posts: 4869
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Ugh. Took my first practice Con Law test and it seems like he wants something entirely different than how he presented class.

I hate when this happens.

SportsFan

Silver
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by SportsFan » Thu May 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh, interesting tidbit from today: my crim exam was the second longest exam in penn law history, in terms of page count. It was 75 pages. Apparently the longest was a 79 page securities regulations (or something like that) exam a few years ago. :shock:

User avatar
Jsa725

Gold
Posts: 2002
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Jsa725 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Blumpbeef

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Blumpbeef » Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm

SportsFan wrote:Oh, interesting tidbit from today: my crim exam was the second longest exam in penn law history, in terms of page count. It was 75 pages. Apparently the longest was a 79 page securities regulations (or something like that) exam a few years ago. :shock:
WTF?

Were there pictures at least?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


SportsFan

Silver
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by SportsFan » Thu May 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Oh, interesting tidbit from today: my crim exam was the second longest exam in penn law history, in terms of page count. It was 75 pages. Apparently the longest was a 79 page securities regulations (or something like that) exam a few years ago. :shock:
WTF?

Were there pictures at least?
Nope, none at all. Just multiple choice questions.

User avatar
Blumpbeef

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Blumpbeef » Thu May 02, 2013 7:04 pm

I guess I'll stop complaining about my Crim exam now.

User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by stillwater » Thu May 02, 2013 7:19 pm

got property tomorrow. totally bummed about it.

User avatar
brotherdarkness

Gold
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by brotherdarkness » Thu May 02, 2013 8:15 pm

.
Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
BuckinghamB

Bronze
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BuckinghamB » Thu May 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Grats to everyone who's done/almost done! Two more for me. Ks on monday and conlaw on friday. I just want to take the damn tests now and get them over with. I'm kind of just casually going through my notes and past exams, but for some reason I can't get super intense about it. I feel like anything I do now isn't going to make a difference either way. Anyone else feeling like this?

hephaestus

Gold
Posts: 2399
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by hephaestus » Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:Grats to everyone who's done/almost done! Two more for me. Ks on monday and conlaw on friday. I just want to take the damn tests now and get them over with. I'm kind of just casually going through my notes and past exams, but for some reason I can't get super intense about it. I feel like anything I do now isn't going to make a difference either way. Anyone else feeling like this?
This is exactly how I feel. Just dont have that fire in me from last semester.

User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by stillwater » Thu May 02, 2013 9:25 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:Grats to everyone who's done/almost done! Two more for me. Ks on monday and conlaw on friday. I just want to take the damn tests now and get them over with. I'm kind of just casually going through my notes and past exams, but for some reason I can't get super intense about it. I feel like anything I do now isn't going to make a difference either way. Anyone else feeling like this?
ya bro, i am out of gas. DOA. stick a fork in me. I have 3 more left. I have one tomorrow, totally casual about it. probably bad. but such is life.

User avatar
Robert Paulson

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu May 02, 2013 9:26 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
BuckinghamB wrote:Grats to everyone who's done/almost done! Two more for me. Ks on monday and conlaw on friday. I just want to take the damn tests now and get them over with. I'm kind of just casually going through my notes and past exams, but for some reason I can't get super intense about it. I feel like anything I do now isn't going to make a difference either way. Anyone else feeling like this?
This is exactly how I feel. Just dont have that fire in me from last semester.
I know that feel. I have a final tomorrow, and I spent about an hour of my study time today playing candy crush.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
hyakku

Silver
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by hyakku » Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm

PMed someone this but realized it can help anyone taking property, no one should have to suffer like this.


http://www.law.harvard.edu/faculty/cdon ... index.html
--LinkRemoved--
http://www.kentlaw.edu/perritt/courses/ ... ay07-5.htm
http://www.law.uh.edu/faculty/gvetter/c ... ll2012.htm
http://www.law.uh.edu/faculty/gvetter/c ... ng2009.htm
http://lawweb.pace.edu/jhumbach/finalexams.htm (multiple choice stuff with answers)

Most don't have model Answers, this site does, but you've gotta drop down the profs to see them, the professors with property stuff are: Bernhardt, Cadgene, Duramy, Gonzalez, Morris, Neitz, Stanley, and VanCleve
http://law.ggu.edu/law-library/study-ai ... -professor

Haven't examined all of the quality yet but generally seem to be good and have multiple answers to compare,

Edit: And BuckinghamB, come on homie, we're almost there. Just gotta make it another 7 days. We got this.

User avatar
gaud

Platinum
Posts: 5765
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by gaud » Thu May 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Two. More. Finals.


One tomorrow. I can't wait to be one away.

User avatar
RaleighStClair

Bronze
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by RaleighStClair » Thu May 02, 2013 11:40 pm

hyakku wrote:PMed someone this but realized it can help anyone taking property, no one should have to suffer like this.


http://www.law.harvard.edu/faculty/cdon ... index.html
--LinkRemoved--
http://www.kentlaw.edu/perritt/courses/ ... ay07-5.htm
http://www.law.uh.edu/faculty/gvetter/c ... ll2012.htm
http://www.law.uh.edu/faculty/gvetter/c ... ng2009.htm
http://lawweb.pace.edu/jhumbach/finalexams.htm (multiple choice stuff with answers)

Most don't have model Answers, this site does, but you've gotta drop down the profs to see them, the professors with property stuff are: Bernhardt, Cadgene, Duramy, Gonzalez, Morris, Neitz, Stanley, and VanCleve
http://law.ggu.edu/law-library/study-ai ... -professor

Haven't examined all of the quality yet but generally seem to be good and have multiple answers to compare,

Edit: And BuckinghamB, come on homie, we're almost there. Just gotta make it another 7 days. We got this.
Those MC are super helpful. Thank you!

User avatar
franklyscarlet

Gold
Posts: 2918
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by franklyscarlet » Thu May 02, 2013 11:41 pm

2 down, 2 to go! rolling right along. So close to done.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”