OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Post Reply
User avatar
Robert Paulson

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Robert Paulson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:25 pm

GSCgold wrote:Glad you're OK PL!

Anyone have good recs for contracts multiple choice questions?
I have some K MC questions. PM me your email, and I'll send them your way.

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 pm

YO1LO

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:Hey CSWS'ers...shaken but safe here; I was on the marathon route but ~5 miles away from the finish line when the bomb blasts happened. :cry: I'm resilient and back to the GRIND after a truly frightening day. In fact, it just motivates me to work harder so one day I can prosecute perps of horrific crimes like what happened yesterday.
glad you are ok up there in boston :mrgreen:
+1

Fuck evil.

Get 'em PL

Danger Zone

Platinum
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Danger Zone » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Nova wrote:YO1LO
SO CLOSE TO THAT FUCKING FINISH LINE

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Nova wrote:YO1LO
SO CLOSE TO THAT FUCKING FINISH LINE
So close!!!

Its now or never.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
LetsGoLAW

Bronze
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by LetsGoLAW » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Just learned today I need to know the facts of all my cases. -.-

User avatar
Bronck

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Bronck » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:20 pm

mephistopheles wrote:my desktop background:

Image
Wait, since when was CSM super grade selective? I thought I heard they even dip to median at CLS at times (getting those EIP numbers tomorrow, fuck yeah)

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:Just learned today I need to know the facts of all my cases. -.-
Are you sure its not just a flame?

SportsFan

Silver
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by SportsFan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Bronck wrote:
mephistopheles wrote:my desktop background:

Image
Wait, since when was CSM super grade selective? I thought I heard they even dip to median at CLS at times (getting those EIP numbers tomorrow, fuck yeah)
I can't speak for any other law school, but with regards to Cravath, I'd say that chart is right for Penn. They probably have a lower GPA cut-off at CLS though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
Nelson

Gold
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nelson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Bronck wrote:
Wait, since when was CSM super grade selective? I thought I heard they even dip to median at CLS at times (getting those EIP numbers tomorrow, fuck yeah)
Dat CCN V10 advantage.

User avatar
LetsGoLAW

Bronze
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by LetsGoLAW » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Nova wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:Just learned today I need to know the facts of all my cases. -.-
Are you sure its not just a flame?
Nah bro. Professor distinguished cases during a review session.

Danger Zone

Platinum
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Danger Zone » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:45 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
Nova wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:Just learned today I need to know the facts of all my cases. -.-
Are you sure its not just a flame?
Nah bro. Professor distinguished cases during a review session.
ConLaw? I know my ConLaw prof expects has to have that shit down.

User avatar
Jsa725

Gold
Posts: 2002
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Jsa725 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:41 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
LetsGoLAW

Bronze
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by LetsGoLAW » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:
Nova wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:Just learned today I need to know the facts of all my cases. -.-
Are you sure its not just a flame?
Nah bro. Professor distinguished cases during a review session.
ConLaw? I know my ConLaw prof expects has to have that shit down.
Nah, bro, C.P. I'm just writing out one sentence fact patterns for each to distinguish. You?

Danger Zone

Platinum
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Danger Zone » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:32 pm

My prof has been pointing out facts in class that I have been scribbling down. I didn't realize how important they were until midway through the semester, though, so I'm going to have to go back and figure out what's important.

Benjamin1987

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Benjamin1987 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
Nova wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:Just learned today I need to know the facts of all my cases. -.-
Are you sure its not just a flame?
Nah bro. Professor distinguished cases during a review session.
Are you referring to the cases for minimum contacts analysis? MC is the only area of FRCP where knowing cases makes sense and is necessary (everything else is rule based). If so, I'd go be glad to PM you the PJ section of my online with quality and nature facts of International Shoe, McGee, Hanson, Burger King, etc.

If you are referring to more than just the PJ section than I'll say a prayer for you...

User avatar
LetsGoLAW

Bronze
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by LetsGoLAW » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Benjamin1987 wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:
Nova wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:Just learned today I need to know the facts of all my cases. -.-
Are you sure its not just a flame?
Nah bro. Professor distinguished cases during a review session.
Are you referring to the cases for minimum contacts analysis? MC is the only area of FRCP where knowing cases makes sense and is necessary (everything else is rule based). If so, I'd go be glad to PM you the PJ section of my online with quality and nature facts of International Shoe, McGee, Hanson, Burger King, etc.

If you are referring to more than just the PJ section than I'll say a prayer for you...
More than MC. Ever hear of something so fucked up? It's like a fucking LRW paper. "Unlike..." and "Similar to..."

Thank God it's open notebook.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Benjamin1987

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Benjamin1987 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:53 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
Benjamin1987 wrote: Nah bro. Professor distinguished cases during a review session.
Are you referring to the cases for minimum contacts analysis? MC is the only area of FRCP where knowing cases makes sense and is necessary (everything else is rule based). If so, I'd go be glad to PM you the PJ section of my online with quality and nature facts of International Shoe, McGee, Hanson, Burger King, etc.

If you are referring to more than just the PJ section than I'll say a prayer for you...
LetsGoLAW wrote:More than MC. Ever hear of something so fucked up? It's like a fucking LRW paper. "Unlike..." and "Similar to..."

Thank God it's open notebook.
Welp, good luck, man. Make sure you crush that profs dreams with your evaluation,

User avatar
mephistopheles

Gold
Posts: 1936
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:43 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by mephistopheles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 pm

ha, i've been pretty rough in some of my evals.

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9102
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:59 pm

PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT

User avatar
LetsGoLAW

Bronze
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by LetsGoLAW » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Nova wrote:PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT
This.

Any bro-tips for a massive Con Law issue spotter? Much appreciated.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


SportsFan

Silver
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by SportsFan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Am I a gunner/asshole/bad person/etc. if I feel good every time I hear someone else say "Oh I got [insert really good supplement here] but I'm too busy to read it/its too long/there's not enough time to use it/etc."? Meanwhile, I've been updating my outlines with info from supplements for the last month or so. :twisted:

But seriously, I am definitely surprised how often I've been hearing this over the last week or 2. I think most people in my section just started outlining pretty late, and hopefully it'll give me an advantage in studying as we're in the last few days before finals start.

(though if I finish below median, you can all laugh at me. :mrgreen: )

User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by stillwater » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
Nova wrote:PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT
This.

Any bro-tips for a massive Con Law issue spotter? Much appreciated.
If it is really massive, like cannot possibly finish in whatever time allotment massive, then you MUST budget your time well. Just make a couple arguments both ways, dont get into it at the expense of other issues, and move on. I think in this case, a general knowledge of everything + discipline trumps extensive knowledge with a wandering eye.

User avatar
Lacepiece23

Silver
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Lacepiece23 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
Nova wrote:PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT
This.

Any bro-tips for a massive Con Law issue spotter? Much appreciated.
I had one did well. If your profs into like test for everything make sure you say these key words "and if I am wrong." Like go through and EPC analysis come to a conclusion, but if there is another argument to be made that hinges on a door that you have closed off in your previous argument make sure you address it this way. Like idk if you did arlingotn heights, but that was a big one for us where you could come out saying that the law wasn't discriminatory on the face of the statute... go through said analyisis, then... say but if I am wrong and the statute really did discriminate on the face of the statute then this would apply.

Hope that made sense.

User avatar
Doorkeeper

Gold
Posts: 4869
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Only have 1.5 outlines done and classes end at the end of next week.


Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”