OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Post Reply
User avatar
20130312

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by 20130312 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:25 am

UnamSanctam wrote:Yo, I've got Property and Con covered, but need a good Crim supp.
I got Dressler and he's been killin' it so far.

User avatar
UnamSanctam

Platinum
Posts: 7342
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by UnamSanctam » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Yo, I've got Property and Con covered, but need a good Crim supp.
I got Dressler and he's been killin' it so far.
Derp. I have the Dressler CB.

User avatar
20130312

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by 20130312 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

UnamSanctam wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Yo, I've got Property and Con covered, but need a good Crim supp.
I got Dressler and he's been killin' it so far.
Derp. I have the Dressler CB.
Nice, so do I. Makes the choice that much easier.

User avatar
BuckinghamB

Bronze
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by BuckinghamB » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 am

Dressler is so money.

User avatar
soj

Platinum
Posts: 7888
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by soj » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:48 am

Dressler is a god. I seriously think Dressler for crim is even better than Glannon for civpro.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by stillwater » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:53 pm

I cannot motivate myself...at all.

mr.hands

Silver
Posts: 893
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by mr.hands » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:54 pm

soj wrote:Dressler is a god. I seriously think Dressler for crim is even better than Glannon for civpro.
His audio lectures or Understanding Crim Law treatise?

Edit: or BOTH

005618502

Gold
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by 005618502 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:15 pm

stillwater wrote:I cannot motivate myself...at all.
+1 havent done any work this semester unless it pertains to trying to get a paid 1L SA

User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by stillwater » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 pm

im simultaneously scared and indifferent.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
UnamSanctam

Platinum
Posts: 7342
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by UnamSanctam » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm

I need to get straight B+s or higher to even make it back to a respectable area, so I'm getting on my grind early this semester. Supplements ready, notes for readings, tossing around hypos in my head.

I'M THE CSWS MASCOT THIS SEMESTER BROS AND BROETTES SO LET'S DO THIS

User avatar
soj

Platinum
Posts: 7888
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by soj » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:45 pm

mr.hands wrote:
soj wrote:Dressler is a god. I seriously think Dressler for crim is even better than Glannon for civpro.
His audio lectures or Understanding Crim Law treatise?

Edit: or BOTH
treatise. never used audio lectures

User avatar
Tom Joad

Gold
Posts: 4526
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Tom Joad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:23 am

UnamSanctam wrote:I need to get straight B+s or higher to even make it back to a respectable area, so I'm getting on my grind early this semester. Supplements ready, notes for readings, tossing around hypos in my head.

I'M THE CSWS MASCOT THIS SEMESTER BROS AND BROETTES SO LET'S DO THIS
*chest bump*

User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by stillwater » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 am

Tom Joad wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:I need to get straight B+s or higher to even make it back to a respectable area, so I'm getting on my grind early this semester. Supplements ready, notes for readings, tossing around hypos in my head.

I'M THE CSWS MASCOT THIS SEMESTER BROS AND BROETTES SO LET'S DO THIS
*chest bump*
I am into this insanity. SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM MY SPIRITUAL TORPOR.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
UnamSanctam

Platinum
Posts: 7342
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by UnamSanctam » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:32 am

CHEMERINSKY ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

ADED CSWS

User avatar
Redamon1

Bronze
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Redamon1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:38 am

Alright, I think it's now clear: I'm gonna need a contracts supplement. TLS is split on this question, so what do you guys think: what's the best K supplement out there?

Prof recommends Farnsworth and Calamari. I'll check those out of course but I get the impression they're more treatises than concise overviews of the material (and not sure if they have practice problems). Thoughts?

User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by stillwater » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 am

Redamon1 wrote:Alright, I think it's now clear: I'm gonna need a contracts supplement. TLS is split on this question, so what do you guys think: what's the best K supplement out there?

Prof recommends Farnsworth and Calamari. I'll check those out of course but I get the impression they're more treatises than concise overviews of the material (and not sure if they have practice problems). Thoughts?
I used Chirelstein for a bit. It was okay. My professor was bonkers, so it didn't really help. But I think it was overall solid.

User avatar
UnamSanctam

Platinum
Posts: 7342
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by UnamSanctam » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 am

Chirelstein is great, but you should probably get what your prof recommends.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
zworykin

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by zworykin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 am

Redamon1 wrote:Alright, I think it's now clear: I'm gonna need a contracts supplement. TLS is split on this question, so what do you guys think: what's the best K supplement out there?
Chirelstein, and Chirelstein alone, taught me enough to get an A- from Richard Epstein, who taught me (and the rest of the class) very close to nothing about contracts, then proceeded to test us solely on our knowledge of contracts. I give it two and a half thumbs up.

User avatar
Redamon1

Bronze
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Redamon1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 am

It's striking that everyone chimed in with the same recommendation. Good stuff. Thanks a bunch.

User avatar
buckythebadger

Bronze
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:08 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by buckythebadger » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Redamon1 wrote:It's striking that everyone chimed in with the same recommendation. Good stuff. Thanks a bunch.
Chirelstein is great. Its short and concise and helps clear up any confusing topics. Only downside I didn't like was that it did not include any hypos like the e&e's

User avatar
Bronck

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Bronck » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Redamon1 wrote:Alright, I think it's now clear: I'm gonna need a contracts supplement. TLS is split on this question, so what do you guys think: what's the best K supplement out there?

Prof recommends Farnsworth and Calamari. I'll check those out of course but I get the impression they're more treatises than concise overviews of the material (and not sure if they have practice problems). Thoughts?
I used Chirelstein. Didn't find it particularly useful though. He did a pretty good job of clearing up the BLL, but it wasn't anything earth shattering.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
Tom Joad

Gold
Posts: 4526
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Tom Joad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Chirelstein is a good overview of Ks, but it isn't very nuanced and I doubt it covers everything you do in class.

-guy who got a bad Ks grade.

nys

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:27 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by nys » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Is the Glannon Guide to Civil Procedure preferred over Glannon's Examples and Explanations?

User avatar
lrslayer

Silver
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by lrslayer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:49 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:CHEMERINSKY ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

ADED CSWS
going to go have coffee with him in half an hour :)

hey, we have torts this semester, can I get some supp recs from you fall torts alums
our casebook is Schwartz if that makes a difference.

User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by stillwater » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 pm

I gotta start reading my Chemerinsky supp. The casebook is a bunch of shit. Horrid horrid time sink.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”