OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SportsFan

Silver

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by SportsFan » Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Nova wrote:Does anyone use exam soft? Fuck exam soft. Computer froze for 10 minutes I'll never get it back. Fuuuuuuu
Used it for 3/3 exams last semester and 1/4 this semester. Honestly, after hearing that I'd have to write my exams in a program that would lockdown my computer the way it does, I expected it to be worse (though I never had it freeze or anything... that sucks!) than it is. That said, the open-computer exam I got to write in Word this semester was pretty awesome.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Nova wrote:Does anyone use exam soft? Fuck exam soft. Computer froze for 10 minutes I'll never get it back. Fuuuuuuu
We use ExamSoft too. I'm not a big fan. Your IT dudes weren't able to fix it?

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue May 07, 2013 11:29 pm

we use examsoft too. i havent had any problems w it yet. one more exam to go, fingers crossed

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 pm

gaud wrote:
They fixed it after about 10 minutes. Just didn't get the time back. And I was reallty flustered. It threw me off. O well. Fuck it I guess. On to the next one.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue May 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Nova wrote:
gaud wrote:
They fixed it after about 10 minutes. Just didn't get the time back. And I was reallty flustered. It threw me off. O well. Fuck it I guess. On to the next one.
Sorry to hear that, but you just gotta shake it off. CSWS.

CRUSH that next one!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue May 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Youre right. Gotta shake it off

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed May 08, 2013 4:58 am

I am never going to understand property but I only have like 24 hours to figure it out :|

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Wed May 08, 2013 8:32 am

Pleasye wrote:I am never going to understand property conlaw but I only have like 24 hours to figure it out :|
FTFM. You got this

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am

Pleasye wrote:I am never going to understand property but I only have like 24 hours to figure it out :|
I'm with you, Pleasye. I got 48 hours to go to understand the entire semester.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Wed May 08, 2013 10:16 am

Pleasye wrote:I am never going to understand property but I only have like 24 hours to figure it out :|
You got this, I learned all of property in like 14 hours yesterday. Feeling great after reading the professor's model answer missing some shit. (Unless he hits us with a bunch of future interests and RAP stuff which he hates and claims he's never tested, then I just lol my way out of the room and get my drink on early). If you've got RAP stuff there seems to be some great help in the past few pages you should probably take a look at. If not, you're definitely going to know this tomorrow, don't worry.

Buckingham, fuck everything about conlaw exams. Love the classes, exams are just bullshit. Thursday.

On a side note, since we use a 20 year old book, I'm not sure if my professor just doesn't know restrictive covenants and negative easements in the new restatement basically have been merged or he just hates us and wants us to think like old folk. Either way, Thursday cannot come soon enough.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 08, 2013 11:56 am

Holy fuck property is so boring. I have so little willpower to take practice exams.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Wed May 08, 2013 11:59 am

Doorkeeper wrote:Holy fuck property is so boring. I have so little willpower to take practice exams.
trying to slog through a crim outline isnt much better. there's something about MC i find so much less exhausting even though im not as good at it...

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed May 08, 2013 12:32 pm

hyakku wrote:
You got this, I learned all of property in like 14 hours yesterday. Feeling great after reading the professor's model answer missing some shit. (Unless he hits us with a bunch of future interests and RAP stuff which he hates and claims he's never tested, then I just lol my way out of the room and get my drink on early). If you've got RAP stuff there seems to be some great help in the past few pages you should probably take a look at. If not, you're definitely going to know this tomorrow, don't worry.

Buckingham, fuck everything about conlaw exams. Love the classes, exams are just bullshit. Thursday.

On a side note, since we use a 20 year old book, I'm not sure if my professor just doesn't know restrictive covenants and negative easements in the new restatement basically have been merged or he just hates us and wants us to think like old folk. Either way, Thursday cannot come soon enough.
Thanks! I hope I can get it down today. I just hate how everything doesn't tie together in this class. We had future interests on our midterm (year long property lol) so I'm okay with RAP it's just that the rest of it is so much information. Ugh.

Good luck everyone we're almost done!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Wed May 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Holy fuck property is so boring. I have so little willpower to take practice exams.
My property professor completely changed the format of his exams for this year, so instead of long hypo's or whatever, he gave like 8 short hypos with 3-5 specific questions for each one. It was actually pretty refreshing, though the time crunch sucked.

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Wed May 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Welp, I'm done preparing for conlaw tomorrow. Just gonna chill the rest of the day. Maybe go eat a nice steak or some lobster for my last meal. Goodbye cruel world

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Wed May 08, 2013 1:55 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:Welp, I'm done preparing for conlaw tomorrow. Just gonna chill the rest of the day. Maybe go eat a nice steak AND some lobster for my last meal. Goodbye cruel world
FTFY. You deserve SURF AND TURF sir.

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Wed May 08, 2013 1:57 pm

stillwater wrote:
BuckinghamB wrote:Welp, I'm done preparing for conlaw tomorrow. Just gonna chill the rest of the day. Maybe go eat a nice steak AND some lobster for my last meal. Goodbye cruel world
FTFY. You deserve SURF AND TURF sir.
Shit, you're right. Good lookin out bro

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Do future interests need to be in writing to be enforceable if the condition for reversion happens in under a year (so statute of frauds isn't implicated)?

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Wed May 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Do future interests need to be in writing to be enforceable if the condition for reversion happens in under a year?
Are you asking because of the short-term lease exception for the Statute of Frauds? Granting interests generally has to comply with it and all this shit needs to follow the rules of conveyancing. However, usually if its a reversion, isn't it unwritten? There's no need to state the fact that once the tenancy or life estate expires, it'll revert back to the owner. I imagine though that all this just needs to comply with the S of F, so if the lease doesn't need to be written down, then the FI doesn't have to be

joetheplumber

Bronze

Post by joetheplumber » Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm

fuck, just think i failed my crim law exam. Not enough time to go thru all the issues and analysis wasn't detailed enough. How do you guys shake it off to concentrate on the next final.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Wed May 08, 2013 2:23 pm

joetheplumber wrote:fuck, just think i failed my crim law exam. Not enough time to go thru all the issues and analysis wasn't detailed enough. How do you guys shake it off to concentrate on the next final.
drink heavily the afternoon after the exam. wake up the next morning and start all over again.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Wed May 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Trying to condense code for easy citation for corporations.

This is like shoveling food into my mouth after I'm already food. And it's lame food, like porridge or something.

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Wed May 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Got my first grade. B. Very disappointed. Going into finals, it was the class I felt I had the best chance of getting an A in, then I came out of the exam feeling good but not great (oddly enough, this was exactly how I felt about my contracts exam last semester, where I also got a B haha). Oh well. Mostly disappointed since it drops my GPA a little below median and a GPA drop is the last thing I wanted. Just gotta hope the next 3 are better!

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Wed May 08, 2013 3:46 pm

you can do it guys. gtf off tls and get moving.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Wed May 08, 2013 3:47 pm

soj wrote:you can do it guys. gtf off tls and get moving.
im so tired. not sure if headache or fatigue but... i jsut don wanna

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”