Anyone else hate the law school drinking culture? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BeautifulDidem

New

Re: Anyone else hate the law school drinking culture?

Post by BeautifulDidem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:49 pm

You sound just like me. Honestly there is more to life than what people like that realize but I guess immaturity is how they like to vent and stuff. What is wrong with the friends that you have now? You could also look for friends outside of your law school community because I would get sick of being around the same people after some time.

I can't believe people are still like that in LS, I am in college now and the immaturity level is out of this world here...ugh :x

Good luck dude :oops:

BeautifulDidem

New

Post by BeautifulDidem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:50 pm

kalvano wrote:Even if you don't like to drink, how can you not find drunk people amusing?

Very true :lol:

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:53 pm

kalvano wrote:Man, this thread really needed to be revived.
DAT THREAD NECROMANCY

AnMzungu

Bronze

Post by AnMzungu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:38 am

No one likes a teetodaler. Get over it.

MavEryck

New

Post by MavEryck » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:40 pm

I graduated law school at 48 years old...

I made it a point of going to as many Bar Reviews as humanly possible! I drank, had fun, and met some of my best friends! Talk about networking... I was a member of just about every club (Asian Pacific American Law Students' Association; Black Law Students' Association; Armenian Law Students' Association; Iranian Law Students' Association; and Women's Law Association). I joined each group because I wanted to find out how the law effected each group. Although I am male and didn't have an ethic connection to most of the groups I belonged to, I have lifelong friends. Sure enough, there were drinking events that I attended for the groups. Good times...that's all I can say is good times!

You would be hard pressed to find someone at my school who didn't know me. None of them would say I was a drunk. But they would all say that I was fun.

During law school I had the good fortune to be invited to some Big Law social events... yep, more drinking, more fun and met lots more people.

Now I work in a law firm... guess what...yep, more drinking, more fun, and having a great time with the lawyers in the firm.

One lawyer here doesn't drink... We give him a hard time but it's all in fun.

The thing people have to keep in mind is getting along with others, in all situations, is a big part of being a lawyer. Do your best to go out, mingle, network...

It will pay you back in dividends... People knowing you and liking you opens doors!

When I graduated law school I had $2.84 in my bank account. I had no idea how I was going to survive over the summer while studying for the Bar Exam. It was only through someone I knew that I heard about a scholarship opportunity. I wrote an essay and got a check for $5,000.00!

So glad that I made it my mission to get out and talk to people! (Cheers) (Prost - German for Cheers) :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”