how many ppl review class notes after class Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sangr

Bronze

how many ppl review class notes after class

Post by sangr » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:39 am

so i guess the general tendency is to
study by self
go to class and prof goes over those

however i noticed a lot of times the profs lecture doesnt register 100%

how many ppl review their notes again after class? i guess the downside is the drain on time

howell

Silver

Re: how many ppl review class notes after class

Post by howell » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:09 am

I did this in some classes, and I found it to be very beneficial. You don't have to spend a lot of time doing it. Just take some time after class (the sooner the better) to review your notes, clean them up, and identify anything that isn't still clear. Then you can try to resolve any issues on your own or ask other students and/or the professor for more clarification.

I mostly did this in classes that had no-laptop policies. I would handwrite my notes during class and then later type them up (before the next meeting of that class). It was really helpful and made outlining a lot easier later.

andythefir

Silver

Post by andythefir » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 am

Parts of law school are intellectually difficult but why 1L can be so brutal is it's primary an emotional and psychological challenge. Worrying about something small like this way of learning is tempting, but it's precisely the kind of trap that makes people spin their wheels and burn out before finals because they're spending all their time doing what works really well for someone else.
The people you see reading after class, outlining now, using flashcards or whatever probably picked up those habits anywhere from grade school to undergrad. It is completely irrelevant what anybody else does. Trying to go hour for hour or trick for trick with other people is what makes people lose their mind

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 am

I didn't know people actually did this.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:30 am

I'd review class notes, readings notes, and supplement notes after we finished a big topic. The goal was to condense and break down the information. This would usually happen every 1-2 weeks. If I waited longer, it was really hard to remember what was going on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 pm

You'll be reviewing them now or later when you're doing your outline. If you review now (especially while outlining early), you spot problems early. Of course, you'll fall behind a lot, but if you try to be diligent, it pays off.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 pm

I saved all the review until right before exams.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:29 am

i didnt do it as a 1L, but i wish i did- wouild have saved some anxiety/ stres at the end of the semester..

maybe i should start next week

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 am

Never did. I probably only worked on law school 1 afternoon every couple of weeks. Saved it for before exams.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”