ITT: 3LOL Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
keg411

Platinum

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Post by keg411 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Oh I took CrimPro I also. As long as the prof isn't awful, I'm guessing it's usually a fun class (mine was).

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Is the 2005 edition of Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro sufficient or do I really need to get the more recent (and more $$) edition?

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 pm

ben4847 wrote:I think i'm gonna take random classes in the rest of the university. I signed up for calculus this semester. The professor emailed said he thought I might be too busy with law school. I told him I won't be as busy as he might think.
You can do that? That sounds SWEET!!!

For credit too?

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Serious question for all 3LOLs...is it that you know what you're doing so well that you just don't see the point in going to class anymore, or do you have such bad grades and horrible life prospects that you're drunk all the time and miss class?

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

manofjustice wrote:Serious question for all 3LOLs...is it that you know what you're doing so well that you just don't see the point in going to class anymore, or do you have such bad grades and horrible life prospects that you're drunk all the time and miss class?
GTFO

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
manofjustice wrote:Serious question for all 3LOLs...is it that you know what you're doing so well that you just don't see the point in going to class anymore, or do you have such bad grades and horrible life prospects that you're drunk all the time and miss class?
GTFO
It's a serious question!

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:18 am

It's because grades barely matter anymore and even if they did going to class isn't that important. Now go analyze a poll

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:21 am

Lol, okay. I think that sums it up.

The reason I asked was because, as a 1L, I was feeling guilty that at times...sometimes...I wasn't too sure what the point of class was either. Going over stuff we read...

I was making a new-semester resolution to take better notes and pay more attention.

Sorry for intruding into your 3LOL thing here...just wanted to know.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:57 am

manofjustice wrote:
ben4847 wrote:I think i'm gonna take random classes in the rest of the university. I signed up for calculus this semester. The professor emailed said he thought I might be too busy with law school. I told him I won't be as busy as he might think.
You can do that? That sounds SWEET!!!

For credit too?
Don't know about his school but we're allowed to take one undergrad class and can petition for another.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Bikeflip wrote:
Pretzel_Logic wrote: As for bar classes, I took Business Associations, Evidence, Secured Transactions, Admin, Crim Pro (cops and stops), I'm in Crim Pro II (bail to jail), PR (not really bar I guess?), and I'm in Conflicts now. I guess bankruptcy is a bar class in some places too and I took that. The only one I regret is BA and that's just because it was a 4-credit class and I did really badly in it. Otherwise the rest have been worth it. Okay, except PR, that was pretty worthless.

What bar are you taking?

Should I take Crim Pro? Multi-states appear to be a bit heavy on it.

MEE: --LinkRemoved--
MBE: --LinkRemoved--
Kentucky. And I want to practice criminal so those classes are kind of my jam, but honestly knowing the rules on Miranda/searches are kind of good for everybody to know. Plus, there are some hilarious stories in any criminal class. (And some horrific ones too, my Crim Trial Pro reading for next week consists of every terrible case in the south where blacks/minorities were deprived of counsel and given the death penalty, i.e. Scottsboro, Johnson v. Tennessee, Frank v. Mangum, etc. etc.) My prof was a former federal public defender and he had hilarious stories and awesome hypos.

tl;dr I really loved Crim Pro.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote:Kentucky. And I want to practice criminal so those classes are kind of my jam, but honestly knowing the rules on Miranda/searches are kind of good for everybody to know. Plus, there are some hilarious stories in any criminal class.
Agreed.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Crim Pro is a great class. Highly recommended.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 pm

f0bolous wrote:Is the 2005 edition of Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro sufficient or do I really need to get the more recent (and more $$) edition?
You really need the more recent edition. Lots of important exclusionary rule cases have come down since 2005.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 pm

kalvano wrote:Crim Pro is a great class. Highly recommended.

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am

Why are 3Ls taking classes that don't start with "Law &..."?

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:13 am

Fall semester seminar with grade being based on solely the final paper. I never turned in the paper and asked for an extension to which the professor responded with "Just get it to me whenever you can". I proceeded to never write this paper and the semester ended. Just received an A in the seminar. Paper never turned in. If this story doesn't get me into the TLS hall of fame nothing will :)

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:33 am

zomginternets wrote:
f0bolous wrote:Is the 2005 edition of Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro sufficient or do I really need to get the more recent (and more $$) edition?
You really need the more recent edition. Lots of important exclusionary rule cases have come down since 2005.
+1. There's been a decent amount of changes that are covered in the most recent version.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:48 am

BarbellDreams wrote:Fall semester seminar with grade being based on solely the final paper. I never turned in the paper and asked for an extension to which the professor responded with "Just get it to me whenever you can". I proceeded to never write this paper and the semester ended. Just received an A in the seminar. Paper never turned in. If this story doesn't get me into the TLS hall of fame nothing will :)
:shock: :lol:

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26 am

los blancos wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Fall semester seminar with grade being based on solely the final paper. I never turned in the paper and asked for an extension to which the professor responded with "Just get it to me whenever you can". I proceeded to never write this paper and the semester ended. Just received an A in the seminar. Paper never turned in. If this story doesn't get me into the TLS hall of fame nothing will :)
:shock: :lol:
So amazing :D.

DwightSchruteFarms

Bronze

Post by DwightSchruteFarms » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 am

checkin in here....and checkin out of law school

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 am

Holy shit, lol. I was in the exact same situation except I eventually turned in a paper the day before classes started for the next semester. Now I'm going to be bitter as fuck if I don't get an A.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
zomginternets wrote:
+1. There's been a decent amount of changes that are covered in the most recent version.
Can I borrow yours?

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

f0bolous wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
zomginternets wrote:
Can I borrow yours?
PM'd.

dontknowwhereimgoin

New

Post by dontknowwhereimgoin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 am

barbelldreams: screenshots or it didn't happen

thelawdoctor

Bronze

Post by thelawdoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:49 pm

anyone actually take barprep yet or just plan to do it between last day of classes and the bar?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”