MBE - what's the goal for Barbri's MPQ? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
truevines

Bronze

MBE - what's the goal for Barbri's MPQ?

Post by truevines » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Recent bar passers:

I've been doing Barbri's MPQ1 and consistently scored one or two questions higher than the goal or average on the book's preface (instruction).

Is that enough? Failing a lot of questions is really unnerving.

Thanks.

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Re: MBE - what's the goal for Barbri's MPQ?

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:53 pm

BarBri's practice questions are generally harder than the real thing. It's like how baseball players in the batter's box put donuts on their bats to make them harder to swing. Then when they get to the plate, the swing feels easier. Sound's like you're doing fine - but if I have one piece of advice, it is that reviewing the answers you got wrong is critical. Don't just gloss over them. Review the correct answer, figure out why you chose the wrong answer, go back into the materials and review the section being tested in that question, and learn from your mistake.

You might be doing that, but that was probably the best thing I could have done. You learn nothing from getting the answer right. So it's good to get things wrong.

omg clay aiken !

New

Re: MBE - what's the goal for Barbri's MPQ?

Post by omg clay aiken ! » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:45 am

To add on to what the person above said, I'd also go over the questions that you weren't quite sure about but still got right. I put a little dot next to each question I'm iffy about on the answer sheet and read the explanation for them, even if I got the correct answer.... I've found that helps me with the essays when I have to actually put words on the page

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”