Just got my final grade Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sky7

Bronze

Just got my final grade

Post by sky7 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Esteemed TLSers,

I first found this community back in the fall of 2007 when I decided on a whim to go to law school. You guys were great during last minute LSAT prep, and choosing schools. I'll never forget bitching about Memo I during 1L year.

It's now May, 2012, and I've finally completed my last semester, after 4 long years of part-time law school, whilst working full time. More importantly, I passed all my classes :) It's official, I'll graduate this Sunday.

It's a pretty big moment for me, and TLS has been a massive part of my law school experience, even if I don't have 10000 posts.

There have been some pretty legendary threads, and I'll probably still troll from time to time. If anyone has any questions about GW, part-time law school, or patent law, feel free to PM me.

Peace out, word to your mother, etc.

Mce252

Silver

Re: Just got my final grade

Post by Mce252 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Best wishes. Your several hundred posts were probably ten times as substantive as many of those who spend all day in the lounge talking about who knows what.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon May 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Mce252 wrote:Best wishes. Your several hundred posts were probably ten times as substantive as many of those who spend all day in the lounge talking about who knows what.
Agreed. People that talk are IDIOTS.

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Kronk wrote:
Mce252 wrote:Best wishes. Your several hundred posts were probably ten times as substantive as many of those who spend all day in the lounge talking about who knows what.
Agreed. People that talk are IDIOTS.

Unfortunately, that's often very true. But that wasn't my point.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon May 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Congrats man!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon May 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Congrats dude. Best of luck to you

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Mon May 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Congrats! See ya in the employment forum. ;)

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Mon May 14, 2012 5:20 pm

:shock: :shock:
Last edited by dowu on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Mon May 14, 2012 5:29 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
TTTLS wrote:Congrats! See ya in the employment forum. ;)
lol
Of course, OP was a night student and has something lined up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sky7

Bronze

Post by sky7 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 pm

IPSecure, thanks though :)

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Congratulations!

(Although, I have to admit, when I graduated, my loved ones and non-legal friends were all so exicted I got my J.D. and wanted to celebrate, but somehow for me, no weight had lifted yet. For me, nothing really mattered until I obtained my law license. Summer post-graduation was a summer of BarBri - more class.)

All of that said, take a few days, relax, buy yourself a top-shelf bottle of scotch, and decompress. You've earned it!

sky7

Bronze

Post by sky7 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:26 am

NotMyRealName09 wrote:Congratulations!

(Although, I have to admit, when I graduated, my loved ones and non-legal friends were all so exicted I got my J.D. and wanted to celebrate, but somehow for me, no weight had lifted yet. For me, nothing really mattered until I obtained my law license. Summer post-graduation was a summer of BarBri - more class.)

All of that said, take a few days, relax, buy yourself a top-shelf bottle of scotch, and decompress. You've earned it!
I wish I could do this - one of the downsides of having a job is... having a job. I'm getting the day after graduation off. That's about it. I could probably clear my docket and do more, but I'm just thankful to be here, so I'm not pushing it!

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Thu May 17, 2012 8:17 pm

sky7 wrote:Esteemed TLSers,

I first found this community back in the fall of 2007 when I decided on a whim to go to law school. You guys were great during last minute LSAT prep, and choosing schools. I'll never forget bitching about Memo I during 1L year.

It's now May, 2012, and I've finally completed my last semester, after 4 long years of part-time law school, whilst working full time. More importantly, I passed all my classes :) It's official, I'll graduate this Sunday.

It's a pretty big moment for me, and TLS has been a massive part of my law school experience, even if I don't have 10000 posts.

There have been some pretty legendary threads, and I'll probably still troll from time to time. If anyone has any questions about GW, part-time law school, or patent law, feel free to PM me.

Peace out, word to your mother, etc.
As a fellow geedubber (and longtime poaster, although you've got me beat on seniority), congrats. I can't wait to graduate Sunday, then show up at 9AM on Monday for BarBri. FML.

edit: saw you were IPSECURE. My favorite part about geedubbya!

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:15 pm

congrats guys!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”