How much weight have you gained this month? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dailygrind

Diamond

Re: How much weight have you gained this month?

Post by dailygrind » Wed May 09, 2012 2:18 am

Yeah...it's pretty rough around finals. Can't wait to see what big lawl does to me.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:21 am

dailygrind wrote:Yeah...it's pretty rough around finals. Can't wait to see what big lawl does to me.
Hopefully being a cokehead will balance it all out.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Wed May 09, 2012 9:43 am

One can only hope.

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Wed May 09, 2012 10:10 am

This semester was the only finals where i didn't gain 5-10 pounds. I lost about 8, but only due to a very ill-timed stomach flu. Thanks, finals.

lynch

New

Post by lynch » Wed May 09, 2012 10:25 am

wake up early and do some exercise. If you have time to go to gym go for it but if not? you can do some push up in your house and other exercise. You can also do some walking and running in the morning. If morning is not good for your schedule you can do it 19:00 on your time or just do it in your free time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maf70

Bronze

Post by maf70 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:27 pm

dreakol wrote:
maf70 wrote:Hot pockets and NOS. Lost 15 pounds in two and a half weeks.
so you are saying you had a calorie deficit of 3500 or so a day?
6 or 7 pounds was inevitably water weight, but you knew that.

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Thu May 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I lost ten pounds. I'm not sure about you all but when finals roll around my body decides that reading and outlining are more important than eating. Plus I'm on a coffee bender that's going to be a bitch to come down from.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri May 11, 2012 3:51 pm

I've gained 15 lbs since October. FML. I spent 3 years dropping nearly 100lbs and felt so good; it's frustrating to put weight on again after all of that.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri May 11, 2012 4:16 pm

BriaTharen wrote:*looks at legs*

Yeah, definitely going running again tomorrow.
I actually have the opposite problem, in that looking at my legs makes me think that I should maybe scale down on running. Except I'm obsessed so I can't.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anomaly

Bronze

Post by Anomaly » Fri May 11, 2012 5:15 pm

it must be a crime to be as fine as you

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Sun May 13, 2012 3:22 am

dresden doll wrote:
BriaTharen wrote:*looks at legs*

Yeah, definitely going running again tomorrow.
I actually have the opposite problem, in that looking at my legs makes me think that I should maybe scale down on running. Except I'm obsessed so I can't.
Let's trade legs for a while. You can beat mine up and then give them back. Yay! Toned legs!

LazinessPerSe

Bronze

Post by LazinessPerSe » Sun May 13, 2012 6:30 am

Lost 10 pounds this semester. Went from normal-sized to hipster-sized. My skinny jeans were never happier.

Thanks Adderall!

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Sun May 13, 2012 11:15 am

LazinessPerSe wrote:Lost 10 pounds this semester. Went from normal-sized to hipster-sized. My skinny jeans were never happier.

Thanks Adderall!
DIAF

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NeighborGuy

Bronze

Post by NeighborGuy » Sun May 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:All you people who lost weight need to gtfo of this thread.
My weight stayed exactly the same. :)

Honestly guys, stop eating crap and go out and have a nice jog every now and then. It's good for your mental health, too.

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:01 pm

Gained 6 lbs since finals ended. I'm almost looking forward to starting work so that my entire day doesn't consist of sitting around watching TV, being too hungover to go to the gym, and then magically at 6pm my body is no longer hungover, just in time for me to start drinking again.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Sun May 13, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm probably 7 lbs up from where I was before finals, and I've lost strength. Sadness.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon May 14, 2012 12:45 pm

I always lose weight when I'm stressed. Started out the year at 163, creeped up to 166 after a couple weeks of heavy dranking, then schoolwork picked up and I fell to 153 (all-time adult low) by the end of finals. This time around I've done a better job staying steady (hovering around 158 I think).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon May 14, 2012 12:45 pm

i gained 10 pounds this year

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Mon May 14, 2012 12:56 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:All you people who lost weight need to gtfo of this thread.
My weight stayed exactly the same. :)

Honestly guys, stop eating crap and go out and have a nice jog every now and then. It's good for your mental health, too.
I didn't eat crap and ran occasionally and still gained weight. Some people are just genetically pwnd.

NeighborGuy

Bronze

Post by NeighborGuy » Mon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:Some people are just genetically pwnd.
Excuses, dude. If you can make it through law school, you can manage your physical fitness. It's a matter of how much you want it, just like law school. Make it a priority, and it will be so.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon May 14, 2012 4:47 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:
Excuses, dude. If you can make it through law school, you can manage your physical fitness. It's a matter of how much you want it, just like law school. Make it a priority, and it will be so.
Some people really are genetically pwned though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Mon May 14, 2012 5:08 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:
Thing is, I don't think it's worth making a priority during the 1 month leading up to finals.

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Mon May 14, 2012 8:53 pm

dailygrind wrote:
NeighborGuy wrote:
Thing is, I don't think it's worth making a priority during the 1 month leading up to finals.
This.

NeighborGuy

Bronze

Post by NeighborGuy » Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 pm

dailygrind wrote: Thing is, I don't think it's worth making a priority during the 1 month leading up to finals.
Fair enough. There are a lot of things I want in life that weren't on my priority list during finals. My physical and mental health, however, was not one of those things. It's more than worth it to me to continue using 3 hours of my week maintaining my health and happiness over finals; in fact, I'd bet my performance was better than it would have been had I spent that 3 hours a week beating my head against the books, but that's an unprovable point.
It's no secret that some people generally don't lose fat as easy as others. Still not an excuse. Weight loss is not rocket science, no matter how hard some people try to make it that way. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will make up the difference out of your fat reserves. Simple as that. If you're not losing fat, eat less or exercise more until you do start losing fat.
Fact is, most people could reverse their weight gain by making one or two simple dietary changes. Just one example: do you drink soda or beer, ever? Stop. Bam, you just carved a whole ton of empty calories out of your diet without having to do anything, AND you save money.
The bottom line is that if you're getting out of shape, and you don't want that, you have no excuse but your own laziness and lack of discipline. Stop trying to rationalize it. If you don't care about being in shape, fair enough, but the second you decide that you don't want to be, do something about it.

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Mon May 14, 2012 9:17 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:
dailygrind wrote: Thing is, I don't think it's worth making a priority during the 1 month leading up to finals.
Fair enough. There are a lot of things I want in life that weren't on my priority list during finals. My physical and mental health, however, was not one of those things. It's more than worth it to me to continue using 3 hours of my week maintaining my health and happiness over finals; in fact, I'd bet my performance was better than it would have been had I spent that 3 hours a week beating my head against the books, but that's an unprovable point.
It's no secret that some people generally don't lose fat as easy as others. Still not an excuse. Weight loss is not rocket science, no matter how hard some people try to make it that way. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will make up the difference out of your fat reserves. Simple as that. If you're not losing fat, eat less or exercise more until you do start losing fat.
Fact is, most people could reverse their weight gain by making one or two simple dietary changes. Just one example: do you drink soda or beer, ever? Stop. Bam, you just carved a whole ton of empty calories out of your diet without having to do anything, AND you save money.
The bottom line is that if you're getting out of shape, and you don't want that, you have no excuse but your own laziness and lack of discipline. Stop trying to rationalize it. If you don't care about being in shape, fair enough, but the second you decide that you don't want to be, do something about it.
So basically, you're a racist.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”