Contracts Exam Answer Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nodummy

Bronze

Contracts Exam Answer

Post by nodummy » Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm

After about a thounsand words, I realized that the agreement I was analyzing lacked consideration. Time was running low so I just put "...WAIT, I just realized the agreement lacks consideration because..." and talked about this for a paragraph. Do you think I will get any credit considering the first 2/3 of my analysis was wrong?

dowu

Platinum

Re: Contracts Exam Answer

Post by dowu » Wed May 02, 2012 9:17 pm

nodummy wrote:After about a thounsand words, I realized that the agreement I was analyzing lacked consideration. Time was running low so I just put "...WAIT, I just realized the agreement lacks consideration because..." and talked about this for a paragraph. Do you think I will get any credit considering the first 2/3 of my analysis was wrong?
Tag for future lulz.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Wed May 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Did something like that on a CrimLaw exam, where it turned out in one sentence hung over onto page two, that the dude comes back to life after being shot an killed.

Lets just say, it wasn't my best grade.

tedalbany

Gold

Post by tedalbany » Wed May 02, 2012 9:29 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Pretty much no professor is going to just give you a zero if you miss consideration and analyze the whole thing wrong, they'll just take off some points for missing consideration then follow the rest of your analysis to see how it is assuming there is consideration. Plus you managed to go back and find the lack of consideration issue anyway. I'm sure you'll still get some points off for following the wrong track of analysis for most of the answer, but it shouldn't be the huge impact you think it'll be.

Just relax and don't think about it.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed May 02, 2012 9:31 pm

It's not unusual to have stuff panic-inserted out of order. They see it a lot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”