Torts in one day Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
waxecstatic

Bronze

Torts in one day

Post by waxecstatic » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm curious if anyone has ever just taken one day to study torts. There aren't very many principles and in many ways, it's like math, where if get one concept, you can do any problem related to it. I feel like it's doable.

merc280

Silver

Re: Torts in one day

Post by merc280 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm planning on doing it in two days. Day one, attack all of the doctrine, and make sure I have it down cold. Day 2, writing out hypo's and MBE questions, since my exam is mostly M/C.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Torts, especially intentional torts, is the easiest class to argue both sides. Just hit on each element of the tort and say why it fits or doesn't. Then mention damages. Done. Welcome to an A.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 pm

kalvano wrote:Torts, especially intentional torts, is the easiest class to argue both sides. Just hit on each element of the tort and say why it fits or doesn't. Then mention damages. Done. Welcome to an A.
Yep. Torts is the gym class of law school. The only problem is that it's just as easy for everyone else as it is for you.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:35 pm

kalvano wrote:Torts, especially intentional torts, is the easiest class to argue both sides. Just hit on each element of the tort and say why it fits or doesn't. Then mention damages. Done. Welcome to an A.
My phucking professor detest arguing both sides. She wants you to take an unequivocal position and drill down on it. It goes against everything I've ever did in any another LS exam. I can't wait to GTF out of her class!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

deebs

Bronze

Post by deebs » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Studied for two days, almost cali'd. Have the same professor for products liability, studying (opening book for first time) for one day.

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Cant tell you how happy this makes me - im planning on doing it in 2 days also. My outline is almost done and I keep thinking - why is everyone else freaking out?

waxecstatic

Bronze

Post by waxecstatic » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:41 pm

I appreciate all the feedback, and some of the stories. Well, I wrote that post like 8 hours ago and except for 2 hours consisting of a class and having lunch, I've pretty much covered all of torts except the comparative negligence stuff. That shit's a pain in the ass but really isn't hard.

newguy

New

Post by newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 pm

It may be easy but if you study only one day for any exam and the rest of your class does more, expect the curve to reflect that.

newguy

New

Post by newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Shammis wrote:Cant tell you how happy this makes me - im planning on doing it in 2 days also. My outline is almost done and I keep thinking - why is everyone else freaking out?
Is this your first term?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”