. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TTTLS

Bronze

Re: .

Post by TTTLS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

The word of the day is 'schadenfreude'.

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:18 pm

i feel kinda bad for the kid--when being a retard ruins your con law grade and possibly your shot at finishing lawl school.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm

TTTLS wrote:The word of the day is 'schadenfreude'.
I wonder how many people this thread prevents from being OP in the future.

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

polkij333 wrote: I wonder how many people this thread prevents from being OP in the future.
This whole thing is a masterfully orchestrated scheme to make kids aware of the potential consequences cheating.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:27 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:
polkij333 wrote: I wonder how many people this thread prevents from being OP in the future.
This whole thing is a masterfully orchestrated scheme to make kids aware of the potential consequences cheating.
TylerDurdenMeme.jpg

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:30 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:
Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 pm

TTTLS wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:
8)

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Why is everyone circlejerking about this thread. OP was lulzy. Second poster pwnd her so hard. And it's been SPS since.

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Why is everyone circlejerking about this thread. OP was lulzy. Second poster pwnd her so hard. And it's been SPS since.
Because TLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DrManflesh

New

Post by DrManflesh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:53 pm

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:13 pm

woah, i didn't even know about this thread until i saw the ATL post. no clue how OP thought this would be a good idea.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:47 pm

As I said on the second page:

nmop_apisdn wrote:
Jessuf wrote:
beachbum wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:This thread died to quickly for my liking.
+1, where did OP go?
He's probably lurking and sweating
This thread delivered.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:51 pm

TTTLS wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:
Any one every see The Happening? I saw it for free and wanted my money back

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:52 pm

kwais wrote:
TTTLS wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:
Any one every see The Happening? I saw it for free and wanted my money back
Couldn't have been as bad as Lady in the Water.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:00 pm

traehekat wrote: Couldn't have been as bad as Lady in the Water.
I admit that Lady in the Water was absurd, but for some reason, I could watch that one. Might be Giamatti. Love that guy.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:26 pm

rayiner wrote:
kwais wrote:
rayiner wrote:
tedalbany wrote:This person in my LRW section confessed to friends about having an attorney relative read and correct her assignments. So I can understand the rage (our LRW is graded/curved), but even with this that does have a tangible effect on my grade I didn't report him/her or anything. I just hope that eventually their lack of writing skills bites them in the ass.
I don't care about cheaters because of their effect on my grade. Just one person after all. I care about cheaters because they're a cancer that can turn a healthy community to shit. It's antisocial behavior.
you can't be serious. I you are, you sound like a psychopath
Not a psychopath, just less willing to put up with that kind of "I'm a special flower that doesn't have to play by the rules" bullshit the older I get. I'm not even being dramatic when I say that cheaters are how shit like Enron happens. One bad apple spoils the bunch.
I'm also not sure why he thinks you sound like a psychopath. I guess you could make a (flawed) argument that cheating is not harmful when there is no curve, but when there is one it does direct harm to everyone else. Not only does it push people who are playing by the rules down the curve, it also creates a general atmosphere of distrust. These are not good things. I don't know why Kwais is trying so hard to act like people should not be upset at this person. Cheating isn't cool, and it makes law school even worse than it already is.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:29 pm

kwais wrote:
traehekat wrote: Couldn't have been as bad as Lady in the Water.
I admit that Lady in the Water was absurd, but for some reason, I could watch that one. Might be Giamatti. Love that guy.
giamatti is awesome, he was pretty much the only reason i had high hopes for the movie.

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:31 pm

katesearches

New

Post by katesearches » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:33 pm

ilovesf wrote:I mean how are they even going to find out who this guy is? "Um professor one of the 80 people in our class posted anonymously in an online forum asking a question about the exam." What are you going to do, do you guys want to take a whole new exam?
lol that sucks for ppl in his section

shaville

New

Post by shaville » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Corsair wrote:
Borg wrote:I don't know why Kwais is trying so hard to act like people should not be upset at this person.
Maybe he is a cheater too?
Let's get him!!!!!

*grabs torch*

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Corsair wrote:
Borg wrote:I don't know why Kwais is trying so hard to act like people should not be upset at this person.
Maybe he is a cheater too?
I have never cheated and I never will. You guys sound like McCarthy era stooges. I just disagree with the outing, the witch hunt and the lack of compassion. People make mistakes, OP made a mistake. Guarantee OP is a better person than half the psychos in this thread. Like someone else pointed out, someone cut off OP before info was passed, so in the end, nothing happened. And yet for a dozen more pages, people went to great lengths to collect info on this dude, all the while saying that it was out of their hands. If it's out of your hands, stop digging up his entire internet history. If OP ends up getting fucked it will be because people on this board provided the info, and tipped off ATL. But of course, no compassion will be felt, because he's asked one of the stupidest, vaguest questions in the history of cheating.

ExAnt3

New

Post by ExAnt3 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

katesearches wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I mean how are they even going to find out who this guy is? "Um professor one of the 80 people in our class posted anonymously in an online forum asking a question about the exam." What are you going to do, do you guys want to take a whole new exam?
Yeah, I'd be surprised if they were able to figure out who he was. Such a shame.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Guchster wrote:i feel kinda bad for the kid--when being a retard ruins your con law grade and possibly your shot at finishing lawl school.
Yeah. It was a really dumb move, but I can't get behind the reaction.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:47 pm

ExAnt3 wrote:
katesearches wrote:
Yeah, I'd be surprised if they were able to figure out who he was. Such a shame.
:? It was likely done a few pages back...

But yeah this thread only had two good parts: the original post and the first response and when OP came back to quote TLS's terms of service to say how outing him to Duke would be a violations of the legal responsibilities of this site (maybe he should have put that much effort into his con law exam). After that it has gone downhill. Only two ways to make this thread even more legendary. Either Duke administrators post or OP returns. Everything else in this thread is just wasting space until either of those events occur.

Edit: I should add I don't condone the outing since it really served no purpose but my point was to illustrate that Duke could find out who it is in under thirty minutes. The same is likely true for classmates.
Last edited by Unitas on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”