Good Policy Supplement for Con Crim Pro? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Mr. December

New

Good Policy Supplement for Con Crim Pro?

Post by Mr. December » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Word on the street is that my Constitutional Criminal Procedure (investigations) professor gave an exam last year that was just basically one giant policy clusterfuck. Since I've been focusing on BLL up to now, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good crim pro supplements that analyze policy considerations in detail.

morris248

Bronze

Re: Good Policy Supplement for Con Crim Pro?

Post by morris248 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Take a look on Lexis at

Jeffries, John Calvin, Jr., Legality, Vagueness, and the Construction of Penal Statutes, 71 Va. L. Rev. 189 (1985)

That may give you some direction for the exam

gobucks101

Gold

Re: Good Policy Supplement for Con Crim Pro?

Post by gobucks101 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Mr. December wrote:Word on the street is that my Constitutional Criminal Procedure (investigations) professor gave an exam last year that was just basically one giant policy clusterfuck. Since I've been focusing on BLL up to now, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good crim pro supplements that analyze policy considerations in detail.
Sucks man. Policy related questions are bullshit for these kind of courses. Many of the students taking these courses are doing so to assist them in court. In court a trial judge isn't going to give a shit the policy implications of Katz in an ever expanding technological world. Good luck.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”