What Should I Take? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ryegye87

New

What Should I Take?

Post by ryegye87 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Looking to pick one of the following three classes for Fall 2L year and can't decide. Any insight would be appreciated.

1. Evidence (4 credits)--told this is a must take, but should I wait until I'm on my way out the door?
2. Administrative Law--3 credits and love the professor
3. Fed Tax - 4 Credits; Tax is an area I'm interested in finding out more about.

I guess my biggest debacle is that at some point in my law school career, I plan on taking all three of these courses. Would it be better to take some sooner rather than later? Some later rather than sooner? It seems like tax would be smart to take now, because if I'm interested, its a pre-requisite to further tax courses. Again, any insight would be appreciated though.

birdlaw117

Gold

Re: What Should I Take?

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:25 pm

ryegye87 wrote:It seems like tax would be smart to take now, because if I'm interested, its a pre-requisite to further tax courses.
This seems to make the most sense to me.

ryegye87

New

Post by ryegye87 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Agreed. What complicates things is looking at 3L year. I would prefer not to have to go through difficult classes like Admin or the like.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:36 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
ryegye87 wrote:It seems like tax would be smart to take now, because if I'm interested, its a pre-requisite to further tax courses.
This seems to make the most sense to me.
Same, I'd take tax.
ryegye87 wrote:Agreed. What complicates things is looking at 3L year. I would prefer not to have to go through difficult classes like Admin or the like.
Well hopefully you'll have a job lined up by then anyway so the grades won't matter as much. That's the rationale for pushing admin, fed courts, etc. into 3L at least.

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:37 pm

ryegye87 wrote:Tax is an area I'm interested in finding out more about.
famous last words.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IrwinM.Fletcher

Silver

Post by IrwinM.Fletcher » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Geist13 wrote:
ryegye87 wrote:Tax is an area I'm interested in finding out more about.
famous last words.
Seriously.

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Tax blows. Take Evidence - its on the bar. Unless you like tax. In which case, see my first sentance.

And I really liked Admin Law. Wasn't on the bar from what I recall, but if you want to learn how Government actually runs, Admin Law is facinating. Very helpful for a broad range of legal specialties.

ryegye87

New

Post by ryegye87 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:45 pm

That's interesting, because I just spoke with a 3L taking Fed Tax who said the same thing about that class (that is was very versatile and practical). Is Fed Tax really that bad?

Also, I've decided to throw Secured Transactions in the mix. Is this class too difficult for a 2L? I'm leaning more towards it than anything else at this point.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”