Gunnerz Paradize Mixtape Pt. 1 Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
traynorsbizarro

New

Gunnerz Paradize Mixtape Pt. 1

Post by traynorsbizarro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:04 am

Whatup blood? As a PSA, I am revealing the ONE guaranteed secret to doing well in LS. It's all about the playlist, y'all. And it's all pretty much got to be hip hop from the '90s. Classic rock is for 3Ls chilling on the greens with a Heinie. Indie rock is for MFA students. The ONLY way to do well is to listen to this bunker mentality boom bap. Lurking 0Ls have the best opportunity to profit from this amazing secret, but even if you are already in school, you can still learn a trick or two from these phenomenal artists.

1. Master P Bout it Bout it Pt. 2. There is really only ONE question: You bout it? I mean, you bout it bout it? If you got to ask what bout it is, you ain't. Now I know it's not always easy to be bout it. Sometimes you want to sleep in. Sometimes you want to run for SBA cause you think it'll be "fun." But that ain't bout it.

2. Gangstarr, Work. Guru is going to be like your OCS advisor except far, far more competent. "I'm doing my thing now to lamp later on, paid in the shade with some fly gators on. But now I'm grimy as they get mud on my pants and shirt...bet you gunnaz out there know, I be putting in work!" Good advice for ITE, y'all.

3. Drake, Uptown. JK! Listen to Drake if you're aiming for B-s and tears on your exams.

4. N.O.R.E., Grimey. Sometimes you got to get your hands dirty. I used to be in the school's basement lab typing up outlines getting my fingernails all dirtied up with public dust and such cause I was using the school provided Dells and their grimy keyboard. I had the top flight Mac Book Air, too. But 1) I hate Word for macs 2) Getting grimey builds character.

5. Black Moon, How Many Emcees. If you got any chance at doing well, at some point you're going to start feeling frustrated during class. Prof. is about to lay out some weird policy point that you know will be like a huge lever for your outlines, allowing you to bust that exam wide open. Then some little monsterish looking kid sticks up his hand, preempting Prof. Kingsley with a reflection on Roman law. Everyone's pissed, prof. loses his train of thought, and you never get that point.... Solution: Make your own chopped and screwed version of this track, pitched down as low as you like, listen on replay, and just imagine Buckshot confronting that kid in some alley in Bushwick.

6. Co-Flow, Funcrusher (the whole album, tho "Population Control" might be the go-to). Lots of hard to follow phrases that sound self-important with a background drone of dystopia & angst. Pretty much your theme song.

6. Young Jeezy, We Can Play the Game. This is good for when you get cold-called. It really puts you in the driver's seat to sort of mumble "you playing with a dog...someone gonna die...cause real gunnaz talk...where the fuck u goin hide" as you flip around looking for the Factz of the Caze.

7. Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg, Deep Cover. I'm putting this one as substantive review for y'all crim students. Spot how many conspiracies and attempted murder charges y'all can find. P.S. raise entrapment as a defense, if you can!

8. Jay-Z, Only a Customer. Dude, school sux. There are two ways to get through it: 1) Make friends and take your life outside of school more seriously than your academics. This is the way of failure. 2) Analogize LS to something more exciting, like the crack game (there's probably some bros who choose "war" instead and do real well listening to nu-metal all semester, pretending they are in Iraq or something, but thats not me). Honestly rap is mainly about capitalism, drug sales is as well, and goddamn LS is all about it too. Thats how come you're paying so damn much...it's unsustainable, but damn, you're here, better get your while you can! Plus, it's not hard to see the parallels. "They thumb through the source while I read the Robb Report." Shit, you'll be reading "One View of the Cathedral" while "they" thumb through Gilbert's Property Outline. Takeaway: Look down on your classmates.

9. Whatever corporate bullshit is getting play on the radio at the moment. Listen to this at The Party you go to this semester.

10. Mobb-Deep, Shook Ones Part 2. Listen to this right before you take your exams.

11. M.O.P, Cold as Ice. Listen to this as you take the exams. It's hyped up, it will keep you focused and adrenaline charged. Put it on repeat. Alt: Big Pun, Dream Shatterer.

Thanks for listening! Stay tuned for Pt. 2.

Platinum

Re: Gunnerz Paradize Mixtape Pt. 1

Post by 071816 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:19 am

lol

traynorsbizarro

New

Post by traynorsbizarro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Gunnerz ParadiZe pt. II: Hard Times Ed.
Whatsa gonna be? What it ain't gonna be? Young gunnaz are always asking me, biz, what's the toughest part about law school? And I tell em, its the hard time dawg. The countless hours spent locked down, flipping through dusty books, missing yr life on the outside, wondering about yr girl, your moms, the ones u left behind. I dedicate this tape to all the gunnaz in the struggle, locked up in the law library. 1 luv.

1. Beanie siegel, what your life like. OLs be curious about the goings on in LS. Where do y'all party? Will I get laid? Nah, we don't and you won't. If you really wanna know pop this tape. Two months in you'll be washing your toothbrush in the toilet and hoping there's not a riot when the civ pro E&E goes missing. Protip: use the ramen spice pack u cop at the commisary to dress up those sawdust boars head sandwhiches they slang at the coffee nook. Alt: mobb deep, up north trip.

2. Ice T, the tower. One of the KEY things to do during orientation is establish yrseld as the gunnerz gunna. U don't give a fuck. Prove this to yr classmates by taking copiuous notes and questioning the credentials of random adminstrative staff. If some else talks, go buck! Get that hand in da air, with a "what my colleague seems not to realize" and a lil giggle. Trust me, its the only way to get respect.

3. Fat boys, jailhouse rap. The dude goes upstate for robbing a pizza parlor cause he's sooo hungry. He stuffs himself and passes out on a pie. This is a good metaphor for why yourr willing to waste yr 20s inside, you greedy bastard.

4.Papoose, law library."the law is deadly, get yr mind ready, you could be out in january"... of 2014. Self explanatory.

5. Nas, 1 luv. Maybe the worst thing abt. yr bid at a county TTT is getting news from the outside. "Out in ny the same shit is going on"---oh and btw., I've been seeing yr ex, hope you don't mind. Whatever. Tis nothing u can do. Point is, the world keeps spinning around when your doi8ng yr time. Things change, people change. The only thing to do about it is keep working that habeas appeal note for law review, and try not too hard to reminscince...I've even heard stories abt. gunnaz getting out, graduating, and not being able to adapt to the outside world. They enroll in humanities phd programs just for the comfor of being institutionalized. Alt: Group home, suspended in time.

Bonus track: X-raided deuce 5 to life. This was actually recorded in jail, sort of like turow writing OL from the tru gunnaz POV.

Well that's it y'all. Just five tracks, but you can spin them over and over, cause what the hell else is there to do on the inside? Stay tuned for Pt. III!

Indifferent

Bronze

Post by Indifferent » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:03 pm

traynorsbizarro wrote:3. Drake, Uptown. JK! Listen to Drake if you're aiming for B-s and tears on your exams.
Lol.
Last edited by Indifferent on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsatcrazy

Bronze

Post by lsatcrazy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:23 pm

lolol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 pm

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Y u no mention "The What" from Ready to Die?

fuck the world, don't ask me for shit
anything you get you got to work hard for it

traynorsbizarro

New

Post by traynorsbizarro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Sundance---stay tuned for the new joint "Gunnerz Paradize pt. III: So you wanna be hardcore?" "The What" is all up in that.
---gunna pound

traynorsbizarro

New

Post by traynorsbizarro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:42 am

Gunnerz Paradize Part III: So you wann be HARDCORE?

Aight y'all it's 2 for tuesday, cause my GF just broke up with me cause i "took for her granted" and was "unavailable, emotionally." Whatever y'all, my loss is your gain. You gotta be icy if u wanna survive this crazy gunna game and its crazy outcomes. Stay strapped, and stay sporting!

1. Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz, Uptown Baby. You won't succeed if you aint got the swag. I'm talking all types of highlighters, laminating your outlines, carring dogeared copies of OWH common law...go huge, gunna. Type your exams in Gothic Old Timey font, like they require for Supreme Court briefs. Buy a school tshirt from the bookstore and apply an iron-on decal reading "law review." Confidence is key. Play like the Yankees or lose like the astros.

2. Brand Nubian, Punks step up to get beat down. Y'all heard that law school is COMPETITIVE? Get into it, kid. See that girl with the haircut and the outfits? Why not try hard to make her feel bad her response to Kingsley's oblique ?s post-class? This can be passive (wow, I would have probably not known what to say, either) or overtly-aggressive (why didn't you go with the policy rationale?), depending on the size of your game.

3. The Firm, Firm Biz. This one's for study groups. Clique up. You know the ones you want on your team; game recognize game. I recommend you spend 1/4 time criticizing each others' outlines (point out typos! it helps) 1/4 time discussing predictions for classmates grades and 1/2 time like trying to make urself seem nonchalant and powerful to girls in your group (if yr study group includes no females, dedicate this time to finding out "whos the alpha" via discussions of vacations abroad, sports affiliations, and Wire trivia.) Note: The Firm actually took its name from the Grisham book, which is a total POS, cause McDeere was all plussed to get 75,000 k/year starting salary.

4. Biggie feat. Method Man, "The What?" I got more techs than you...I make it hot...gunnaz won't even stand next to you...Dude, twill come a point when you get soo hot, you might feel the target of this kinda wrath. That's when you know you've really made it.

5. Hot Boyz, Block is Hot. Right around finals, the biblioteca is gonna get crazy. Young cowards you've never seen before are cramming it in, pretending they can make up for a semester of non-gunning with a couple weeks. Don't get shook. You placed somewhere over the 75% LSAT for yr school, ain't it?

6. 50 Cent, Bad News. Aight, violates the 90s rule by a year or whatever, but this is the kinda of flava of love atttiude u gonna need to tap into every day y'all. "I don't like you, you don't like me, aint' likely we EVER BE FRIENDS!" Much less co-workers, amiright?

7. Counting Crows, Good night Elizabeth. Dude just slipped this in here cause i miss my gf (ex-). miss u lizzy.

8. Big L, Devil's Son. Aight. Arrow's adivce didn't do shit for u. You're desperate, you're lost. No job, bottom half of the class. Do as I (assume I would probably) do: light sum Pier 1 candles in a pentagram formation, bang this and the next track, and draw up an option K. Invoke Beezelbub. The terms are going be, if he gets you top 5% you will join his dark army for eternity. Dude, I know. Sometimes it takes extreme measures.

9. 3-6 Mafia, Fucking wit this clique. Root for the bad guyz, dawg: tis what zealous advocacy is all about.

10.The Mad Rapper, You're all alone. If I got one piece of advice 0L, it's this. You all alone. Every single person in your life is going to turn on you. Better keep ur eyes open and ur hands on yr chrome. Things will never be the same, dawg. Once you go hardcore, you can never go back.

Stay tuned for Pt. IV!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:49 am

But where do you draw the line?!

traynorsbizarro

New

Post by traynorsbizarro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:56 am

TTTLS wrote:But where do you draw the line?!
hmm pretty sure theres a XIV amendment thing about line drawing when the purpose is actually to discriminate against yung gunnaz

traynorsbizarro

New

Post by traynorsbizarro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:16 am

PREVIEW: Gunnerz Paradise Part IV: The Eminem Factor

My name is....? Alright young gunna. Slap that gluey lil red & white nametage on your Jos A. Bank suit lapel. It's on.....welcome to postmodern american hell, son.

traynorsbizarro

New

Post by traynorsbizarro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:49 am

PREVIEW: Gunnerz Paradize Part. IV: the Eminem Factor.

"Kim." Justice Storey: "The law is a jealous mistress and requires a long and constant courtship." :: Eminem: "Kim, Kim! why don't u like me? you think i'm ugly don't you?"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:59 am

Solid shit bro

traynorsbizarro

New

Post by traynorsbizarro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:06 am

glad i got yr approval y'all.

#gunna pound

barrotmartin

Bronze

Post by barrotmartin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:27 am

post the tapes. mediafire etc

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:52 pm

traynorsbizarro wrote:
TTTLS wrote:But where do you draw the line?!
hmm pretty sure theres a XIV amendment thing about line drawing when the purpose is actually to discriminate against yung gunnaz
Sounds legit!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TatNurner

Bronze

Post by TatNurner » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:15 am

I just died :lol:

Start a blog, this has potential.

Ded Precedent

Silver

Post by Ded Precedent » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:59 am

Tis gr8 bro. havent laughed that hard in a minute

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:27 am

This poasting is not gettin the recognition it deserves.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:31 am

TatNurner wrote:I just died :lol:

Start a blog, this has potential.
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

flem

Diamond

Post by flem » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:01 am

Great thread

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 am

Gangstarr, Moment of Truth

They say it's lonely at the top, in whatever you do
You always gotta watch motherfuckers around you
Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth

The same sheisty cats that you hang with, and do your thang with
could set you up and wet you up, ni**a peep the language

Lyrics inspired by the Paper Chase - a little known fact

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:33 am

Waiting on a Gunnerz Paradize study montage..

J-e-L-L-o

Bronze

Post by J-e-L-L-o » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Nas - Rewind

Cuz your lawyer better know the law backwards and forwards..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”