Crim Pro Supps Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sundance95

Gold

Crim Pro Supps

Post by sundance95 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Quick forum search reveals that TLSers like Dressler. How about the E&E? Give me thine groupthink, TLS.

Always Credited

Gold

Re: Crim Pro Supps

Post by Always Credited » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:20 pm

The E&E is oversimplified, Dressler is overcomplicated. Get both, read both, write your exam down the middle.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Always Credited wrote:The E&E is oversimplified, Dressler is overcomplicated. Get both, read both, write your exam down the middle.
TY, exactly what I was looking for.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 pm

The newest Crunchtime is awesome! I love it! Give it a shot.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:08 am

Yeah, Crunchtime is great. Since it's so good I assume the Emmanuel's is good as well.

I wouldn't bother with the E&E, it barely scratches the surface. Dressler's basically necessary.

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:45 pm

The E&E is almost useless. The Explanation section is significantly inferior to Glannon's E&E's (Ex: Torts & Civ Pro.) About half of the Explanation section is policy. Professors are not going to test on the policy implications of a utilitarian v. redistributive system of justice. They are going to test on BLL.

The Examples section is frustrating. Half of the questions are good and review the explanation section. However, the author often asks simple questions and then in the answers gives an answer that goes FAR BEYOND the scope of the question. the question will be dealt with in 1-2 sentences and then 3 paragraphs will be dedicated to answering a tangent that wasn't asked. After a couple chapters his style becomes obvious... and very annoying.

Crunchtime is EXCELLENT! The capsule summary is on par with the rest of the series and the questions are very uselful. However, Crunchtime, in-itself, is probably an insufficient supplement. It only gives you the basic law and jurisdictional splits. That's enough to get a B+. If you're only supplement is Crunchtime then you need to make or use another outline if you expect to get an A. You'll learn to spot the issues and give BLL but arguing will be difficult.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”