MPRE resources Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
tesoro

Bronze

MPRE resources

Post by tesoro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Hey all,

Could you please recommend a good resource to study from? Preferably something digestable in 1-2 days that has worked for you in the past. All reviews on amazon are lukewarm at best. I am not a member of barbri/kaplan/etc or else i'd have just picked up one of their books.

Thanks in advance.

dougroberts

Bronze

Re: MPRE resources

Post by dougroberts » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Kaplan's MPRE review program is free:
http://www.kaptest.com/Bar-Exam/Free-Pr ... ourse.html

reverendt

Bronze

Post by reverendt » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 pm

I attended the free, 4 hour session that BAR-BRI provided at my school and used their materials.
I think I also bought a Kaplan book and used that a little bit.
Between the 2 I did fine.

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Barbri and Themis both give out free books and lectures for the MPRE. Both are sufficient to study for the exam.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks guys. Are the barbri lectures/materials available to students who are not signed up with barbri?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:17 pm

reverendt wrote:I attended the free, 4 hour session that BAR-BRI provided at my school and used their materials.
I think I also bought a Kaplan book and used that a little bit.
Between the 2 I did fine.
Bar/Bri is highly credited, but I'd ditch Kaplan. Add like 4-5 hours of self study after the stupid barbri vid with old exam questions and you should pass. I went to the video/studied for a few hours and got like a 130. Super easy, brother.

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 am

Yes, I said they are free. If you had to be a Barbri customer, it wouldn't be free, would it? The free MPRE books are their way of sucking you in for their costly bar review course.

The Themis book was far superior, I must add.
It was also free.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:16 pm

tarp wrote:Yes, I said they are free. If you had to be a Barbri customer, it wouldn't be free, would it? The free MPRE books are their way of sucking you in for their costly bar review course.

The Themis book was far superior, I must add.
It was also free.
Thanks. A classmate told me I needed to have signed up and paid for BarBri, hence the clarifying question. I think I've got it from here, thanks all.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Barbri vid, read the actual model rules through once or twice, do a few practice problems

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:50 pm

SBL wrote:Barbri vid, read the actual model rules through once or twice, do a few practice problems
Comments too or just the rules?

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Don't overthink this exam. It's easy. As long as you took PR class at some point in the last few semesters, study for a few hours at most.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Does this mean I'm not behind the curve if the exam is in 2 weeks and I haven't so much as looked at anything MPRE-related?

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Unitas wrote:
SBL wrote:Barbri vid, read the actual model rules through once or twice, do a few practice problems
Comments too or just the rules?
Dear god no, just the rules.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:28 pm

dresden doll wrote:Does this mean I'm not behind the curve if the exam is in 2 weeks and I haven't so much as looked at anything MPRE-related?
Just make sure you have your 2-by-2 inch, printed-on-photo-paper picture of yourself taped on to your admission ticket before you go. That's probably the hardest part about preparing for the MPRE, if you've taken a PR course.

bns_77

New

Post by bns_77 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:58 am

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Does this mean I'm not behind the curve if the exam is in 2 weeks and I haven't so much as looked at anything MPRE-related?
Just make sure you have your 2-by-2 inch, printed-on-photo-paper picture of yourself taped on to your admission ticket before you go. That's probably the hardest part about preparing for the MPRE, if you've taken a PR course.
Ok, I wasn't sure if I needed to have that BEFORE the test or if they affixed something on the Admission ticket, because NOWHERE does anything say that I need to have that. I'll get a picture anyway beforehand just in case.

Not feeling too confident about the MPRE. For some reason, I just suck at this subject... My worst grade in law school has been professional responsibility and I get totally punked by the practice questions and the little word games they play. I'd probably be better off if I never read any of the rules, because the answer is always pretty common sense, but they fuck with you by changing one word of a rule which throws me off.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:10 pm

bns_77 wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
Ok, I wasn't sure if I needed to have that BEFORE the test or if they affixed something on the Admission ticket, because NOWHERE does anything say that I need to have that. I'll get a picture anyway beforehand just in case.

Not feeling too confident about the MPRE. For some reason, I just suck at this subject... My worst grade in law school has been professional responsibility and I get totally punked by the practice questions and the little word games they play. I'd probably be better off if I never read any of the rules, because the answer is always pretty common sense, but they fuck with you by changing one word of a rule which throws me off.
Not sure if serious about the picture? Page 5 of the test booklet tells you about the picture as does the admission ticket. Barbri also e-mails a week before the test to remind you about the picture.

Also, have you listened to the barbri lecture? I haven't even looked at a question let nor listened to the lecture. Don't let you psych yourself out. You only need like 30/50 to pass.

bns_77

New

Post by bns_77 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Unitas wrote:
bns_77 wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:

Not sure if serious about the picture? Page 5 of the test booklet tells you about the picture as does the admission ticket. Barbri also e-mails a week before the test to remind you about the picture.

Also, have you listened to the barbri lecture? I haven't even looked at a question let nor listened to the lecture. Don't let you psych yourself out. You only need like 30/50 to pass.
I was serious about the picture until I looked at the Admission Ticket again! It's clear now :?

And yeah, I listened to the lecture, went through the outline and have taken two practice exams. I pretty much suck. The good news is that I'm within the 30/50 mark... barely. :x

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”