pin cite from westlaw next Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
FlanAl

Silver

pin cite from westlaw next

Post by FlanAl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 pm

hey so having a minor freak out. how do you get the pin cite for copy and pasted material from westlaw next? When I do the copy with cite thing it just gives me the start page and there are no page numbers when I view the cases. I know I figured this out last semester but I forgot so any help would be awesome!

orderofthings

New

Re: pin cite from westlaw next

Post by orderofthings » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:54 pm

If I'm understanding you correctly, the page numbers are within the document demarcated by stars and in green text. So it would look like this: This action was taken to ensure that the Order *162 was “final” for purposes of this court's jurisdiction, and to expedite the appeal process.

Before that star would be page 161 and after would be 162. If there is more than one reporter, you would match the stars with the reporter at the top of the document, but it should be common sense as the page numbers will rarely overlap. HTH

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 pm

AWESOME thanks a ton man. I was looking at those number earlier thinking "man I used to know what these are for" haha thanks again

jess

Post by jess » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”