Anomaly, or not? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kalvano

Diamond

Re: Anomaly, or not?

Post by kalvano » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:33 am

There seems to be some misguided assumption that interviewers equate dress with intelligence. They don't. They equate dress with respect. Taking time to get dressed up for an interview and look your best says you give a shit about the job and what that person thinks of you. Looking like a sloppy idiot says you don't care about the firm or that person's time. In addition, they are hiring you with the thought that one day you might join the firm and perhaps interact with clients and such...it's not an application to Best Buy, it's a goddamn professional job and you should look like a professional. It's not rocket surgery.

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:16 am

romothesavior wrote:ZOMG FULL LENGTH SHOTS?!?!?!?! NO WAI GUYZ!

Christ, you are such an awful poster.
Yours are always such superior contributions.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

arvcondor wrote:
romothesavior wrote:ZOMG FULL LENGTH SHOTS?!?!?!?! NO WAI GUYZ!

Christ, you are such an awful poster.
Yours are always such superior contributions.
inorite

quixotical

Bronze

Post by quixotical » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:16 pm

romothesavior wrote:
cam_leafer wrote:The whole 'women look better in skirts' is quite a sexist comment.
Saying that I have a personal preference for seeing women in skirt suits is sexist... how?

I suppose saying I prefer brunettes over blondes would be a gross miscarriage of sexual justice, amirite?
I don't think you personally are sexist for saying you prefer women in skirt suits, but given the historical reason for women being required to wear skirt suits, it could easily be construed that way. It's outrageous that female attorneys are required to wear skirt suits or can be thrown out of court by male judges for wearing pantsuits. It is absolutely sexist as a practice. But as a personal opinion on what you find sexy or attractive, no, I don't think that is sexist.

I would also like to take this opportunity to applaud you for having the good sense to prefer brunettes over blondes. :wink:

Antilles Haven

Bronze

Post by Antilles Haven » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 pm

cam_leafer wrote:The whole 'women look better in skirts' is quite a sexist comment.
You don't know what sexism is, do you?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:41 pm

He only meant hot chicks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”