Structure of Seminar Class Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Pato_09

Bronze

Structure of Seminar Class

Post by Pato_09 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:16 pm

2L Here ...

Haven't taken a seminar class just yet. I was wondering how is a seminar class structured?

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Structure of Seminar Class

Post by kalvano » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Show up, do reading, pass final with best grade possible.

Detrox

Bronze

Post by Detrox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Can vary depending on the size of the class and the instructor. From my experience, they are alot more writing heavy and participation intensive. Generally don't have the standard final either, despite the above poster's advice. Other then that I can't really say that they're THAT much different then other classes. Depending on your school they may have less credits then other classes, but I've found they are about the same if not more work because of the regularity of written assignments.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Detrox wrote:Generally don't have the standard final either, despite the above poster's advice.
kalvano wrote:Show up, do reading, pass final with best grade possible.
:?: :?:

Detrox

Bronze

Post by Detrox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:36 pm

To clarify, the "finals" for the seminars I am familiar with are either: non-existant as the grade is based off of class participation and a series of small papers over the course of the class, an extended research paper which is dissimilar from a final in that it may not even be due until well into the next semester and grading will be entirely subjective and personalized, or a standard final.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”