Professional Responsibility and MPRE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BCLS

Silver

Professional Responsibility and MPRE

Post by BCLS » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 am

Currently taking the PR. Although the course won't be over until May, there is a MArch 17th MPRE. Is it advisable to take it then or in August? I'm thinking March to get it over with.

studebaker07

Bronze

Re: Professional Responsibility and MPRE

Post by studebaker07 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:22 am

Are you a 2L? If so, maybe wait to take in August. I had a lot of friends who took the MPRE last August as newly minted 3Ls and they said it was no big deal. You could get it out of the way if you take in March but would you short-change yourself by taking it before you finish PR?

BCLS

Silver

Post by BCLS » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:24 am

studebaker07 wrote:Are you a 2L? If so, maybe wait to take in August. I had a lot of friends who took the MPRE last August as newly minted 3Ls and they said it was no big deal. You could get it out of the way if you take in March but would you short-change yourself by taking it before you finish PR?
solid point..not too sure! someone told me studying for the MPRE in March helped them tremendously on the PR final. I'm still conflicted...

holdencaulfield

Bronze

Post by holdencaulfield » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:26 am

If you're a 2L, it doesn't really matter. If you're a 3L, I would absolutely take it in March. Doesn't matter when the class ends because you really only need 1-2 days to study. It's ridiculously easy.

I don't think the MPRE will really help you on the PR final. The PR will require in-depth knowledge and analysis. The MPRE is multiple choice and really not challenging at all.

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

Yeah I think the MPRE is relatively easy so it is probably a test you could take without having to worry too much about it conflicting with school. I say get it out of the way in March and enjoy your summer (if 2L or 3L).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

random5483

Silver

Post by random5483 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

I spent a little over 3 hours studying. Basically watched the Barbri video and took no notes. I took the exam the next day and passed with a low 100 score.

The test is ridiculously easy. You don't have to study for it. You don't need to take a PR test first. If you have common sense (many of the questions are common sense questions you could have answered pre-law school) and decent memory, you will do just fine.

morris248

Bronze

Post by morris248 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:39 am

random5483 wrote:I spent a little over 3 hours studying. Basically watched the Barbri video and took no notes. I took the exam the next day and passed with a low 100 score.

The test is ridiculously easy. You don't have to study for it. You don't need to take a PR test first. If you have common sense (many of the questions are common sense questions you could have answered pre-law school) and decent memory, you will do just fine.
I agree. Go ahead and take the test. Studying for it will take care of studying for your class. It is not hard to pass and that is all that counts.

Ignatius J. Reilly

New

Post by Ignatius J. Reilly » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:08 pm

The MPRE is easy to pass, but objectively, it is not an easy test. The lowest passing score is pretty low. I think it is like 60% correct in most jurisdictions, which, if you know the answer to 25% of the questions and can narrow the rest of them down to two, you should have no problem reaching.

marmot8

New

Post by marmot8 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Anyone have a supplement to recommend for this class?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”