Would you tell the professor if... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
HBK

Bronze

Re: Would you tell the professor if...

Post by HBK » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:28 am

Antilles Haven wrote:
Notor wrote:You don't snitch on friends, period.
Really? If I ever walked in on my friend roofie-raping a girl, my first action would be to call the police and I wouldn't think twice about it.
If that's your first reaction to seeing a rape in progress, that says a lot about you. You're a terrible person.

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:49 am

AJaKe wrote:So my law school friend and I were taking an exam at her house. It was a three-hour "take home", open notes and all that. We had studied together in the morning and just decided to take it together at her dining room table with a "Chinese wall" type of set up, so we wouldn't be colluding.

Test turn-in time comes around and the system to turn it in goes down. I freak, e-mail mine to the professor's secretary and e-mail student affairs. She has only done 2 of the 4 questions so she continues to type without attempting to turn it in at all. 30 minutes later the Dean sends an e-mail to the class about the problems submitting and says to submit it to the secretary. 45 minutes after that my friend turns in her paper, having managed to complete the last 2 questions.

The end of the day the Professor sends an e-mail saying that all the papers were considered "timely" turned in. I honestly don't know how this can be. The friend has no medical reason, no extra time allowed.

Do you think you would have an ethical obligation to say something, or is it just one of those things you should just let go?

What would you do?
stfu

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:57 am

ben4847 wrote:I'd tell.

I'm a bit surprised by the moral code represented in this thread.
Cheating is inherently bad, not at all funny, and always wrong.
Snitching is not inherently wrong, and is only wrong when done for a wrongful purpose. I don't think that protecting your grades is a wrongful purpose.
lmaoooooooo

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:44 am

johansantana21 wrote:Is this serious?

It's your FRIEND. God, stop being such gunnerish douchebags.

ina time of need you need a friend indeed..

besides that, if you were to turn her in, you open yourself up to claims of academic dishonesty. How did you know that yoru friend onloy did 2/4 questions? you were working on it together at her house. While you werent working on it together, you were in the same building, and talked about the exam. is that possible ramifications worth it?? take your grade and pout on your big kid pants

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:33 pm

IAFG wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:
Notor wrote:You don't snitch on friends, period.
Really? If I ever walked in on my friend roofie-raping a girl, my first action would be to call the police and I wouldn't think twice about it.
Atrocious and offensive analogy
agreed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”