Which 1L final would you say is the worst? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
adonai

Silver

Re: Which 1L final would you say is the worst?

Post by adonai » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Green Crayons wrote:
adonai wrote:I don't see how crim is brutal. I think it is the easiest 1L class by far simply because it is so practical and straightforward. I think it is the easiest to issue spot.
I too often remark to my co-conspirators in a fashion that furthers the conspiracy about the various criminal conduct and elements of same in which we engage as well as providing some counterpoint examples of how other jurisdictions have handled similar conduct that our jurisdiction qualifies as a crime. Further, I take time to remark upon the potential defenses that we may invoke and about how they are likely to fail, regardless of the jurisdiction in which we may find ourselves; but I am sure to triangulate the pointed subject of my soliloquy by frequently referencing rhetoric of various theories of desert and the like so that me and my fellow mates can appreciate the practicality of fucking criminal law what the hell are you talking about.

Also, the answer is property, but only because that was probably the only 1L final I took that I was actively bored in writing. Not worried. Not anxious. Not engaged. Bored out of my mind.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

$peppercorn

Bronze

Post by $peppercorn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:14 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:Ones with word limits. >_<
+1 and a big reason why torts was my worst...and the old exams were not limited. We were the first. It was a little bit of a surprise.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 pm

adonai wrote:I don't see how crim is brutal. I think it is the easiest 1L class by far simply because it is so practical and straightforward. I think it is the easiest to issue spot.
not once you factor in attempts, accomplice liability, and conspiracy

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:15 am

Loved Con Law and Torts but I hated Civ Pro and Contracts.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:08 am

$peppercorn wrote:
+1 and a big reason why torts was my worst...and the old exams were not limited. We were the first. It was a little bit of a surprise.
I hit the word limit on my exam exactly. And still felt I had more to say/address, there just wasn't any room. It was a guessing game trying to decide what arguments to keep in and what to leave out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:51 am

RR320 wrote:I had my first final today civ pro (they split it into two semesters at my school) and its worth the least amt of credits this semester, but i really think i did horribly. With the MC questions the fact patterns killed me.
I so fucking wish we had some MC questions for civ pro. First, there's a whole bunch of stuff that you can't really test unless you put in some MC. Second, MC is the one section of every exam that I've been doing good in. Not having MC in my worst subject = I got ruined.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 am

How do you figure there is stuff you cant test unless it is MC? What parts of civpro?

$peppercorn

Bronze

Post by $peppercorn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:33 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
$peppercorn wrote:
I hit the word limit on my exam exactly. And still felt I had more to say/address, there just wasn't any room. It was a guessing game trying to decide what arguments to keep in and what to leave out.
I sacrificed my policy question, which was only worth 10 points out of 200, by keeping it pretty short. I came up one word short of the limit

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Contracts. He included stuff over breach of warranties... and we never covered it in class. Luckily I had an old outline with me and it covered warranties. I hate to see how much some people will lose on that question. They'll assume the warranty provision was simply covered by the UCC and since the contracts didn't mirror each other, resort to 2-207.

I don't know my answer was right, but I'm sure I'm one of very few who bothered to talk about warranties.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:09 pm

I had property, civ pro, and torts this semester. Property was definitely the worst for me because it was closed book. Civ pro would have been the worst had I not been able to bring in the FRCP, but since I could, it wasn't that bad.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Out my Contracts, CivPro, and Torts classes I enjoyed Torts "class" the most, but hated the test the most too. I feel hated CivPro class the most as well as the subject material, but I felt like the test wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Contracts, our professor has run through all of his past exams with us in review sessions, what we should see and how we should approach it; it's helpful, but I also don't like the fact that all other 60 or so people in my class are privy to the same knowledge.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:46 pm

crossarmant wrote:Out my Contracts, CivPro, and Torts classes I enjoyed Torts "class" the most, but hated the test the most too. I feel hated CivPro class the most as well as the subject material, but I felt like the test wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Contracts, our professor has run through all of his past exams with us in review sessions, what we should see and how we should approach it; it's helpful, but I also don't like the fact that all other 60 or so people in my class are privy to the same knowledge.
Yea fuck level playing fields. Just kidding. I'm with you on that because between holding review sessions, suggesting supplements and essentially providing the skeleton for our outlines, I feel like any advantage I had from the information provided here is moot. I thought prof's were supposed to be dicks who did not give a fuck about us.

jess

Post by jess » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jess

Post by jess » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:32 pm

ConLaw. Torts was probably second because it was an hour MC and then a 5 hour nasty issue-spotter with a word limit.
Favorite was Crim, with Property a close second (both were short, to the point and totally made sense based on what the professors taught all semester).

DrGuano

Bronze

Post by DrGuano » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Ty Webb wrote:LOL at 1Ls in this thread that haven't taken ConLaw.

Just wait until 2 days before your exam when you start using creative Youtube videos for a last learning resort on something that you've failed to fully grasp.
it's such a subjective question. i never did that for con law, studied a fair amount, and got an A at a top school. it is all relative to your strengths and interest as a student + your professor's exam style/format.

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:37 pm

sundance95 wrote:How do you figure there is stuff you cant test unless it is MC? What parts of civpro?
Twombly/Iqbal for one.

Unless the prof (and some might do this, I dunno) puts a hypo complaint and then asks you to play the role of judge/clerk in determining whether it should pass the Twiqbal test.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:17 pm

That's what my CivPro prof did.

Anomaly

Bronze

Post by Anomaly » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:22 pm

My 24 hour take-home was torture.

TLS Profs: please don't put your students through that.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm a 2L, but my Ks exam was the worst. I completely blanked on the first essay and panicked (the absolute worst thing you can). I somehow managed a B+ in that class.....I have no idea how either because I was certain I did terrible. Professional responsibility, believe it or not, also sucked, but that's another story......

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Jessuf wrote:oh also, i took crim law, civ pro, and contracts this semester.

i'm hoping for a 4.0 in civ pro. we took 3 quizzes that constituted 55% of our grade, so i already know 55% of my grade. that helps alleviate stress.

just took contracts yesterday. i absolutely did not study for it aside from making an outline a few days before. it was two long essays, twelve short answer. i feel pretty confident about my answers. however, it all depends on how everyone else did, of course.

fingers crossed !
Haha. You clearly have no idea how the curve works. I hope your confidence pays off!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Arbinshire

New

Post by Arbinshire » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Closed book Civ Pro.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 am

TheFutureLawyer wrote:
sundance95 wrote:How do you figure there is stuff you cant test unless it is MC? What parts of civpro?
Twombly/Iqbal for one.

Unless the prof (and some might do this, I dunno) puts a hypo complaint and then asks you to play the role of judge/clerk in determining whether it should pass the Twiqbal test.
Our prof has a more radical position on Twombly/Iqbal, where we're looking at the possibility that some cases might be impossible to bring, because the factual allegations necessary for a proper pleading might not be attainable without discovery.

One way he handled it on our exam is he gave the state a supplementary FRCP 12 clause that granted limited pre-pleading discovery, and pushed you into sorting out where that scenario went.

AlexanderSupertramp

Bronze

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 am

Contracts killed me this year.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 am

legislation and regulation.... that class i can either get an A or an F....

have no idea how i did

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”