how helpful are the barbri outlines? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ocplaytime

New

how helpful are the barbri outlines?

Post by ocplaytime » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Put my deposit down for barbri the other day and they gave us a big outline book on all the subjects...while these might help for the bar, how good are they for classes?

johansantana21

Silver

Re: how helpful are the barbri outlines?

Post by johansantana21 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:41 pm

I found them helpful but if you can find outlines for your professors from previous students, they are 100x better.

Bayside

New

Post by Bayside » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:46 pm

The outlines are like any commercial outlines for law school. They are OK. They help.
But what are REALLY HELPFUL are the online videos. Watch the Civ Pro video and it will be incredibly helpful for your first year final exam in Civ Pro. Freer is amazing. I also loved the Property video. A little weird at times to hear songs in a lecture, but she really makes the subject memorable. I endorse them both for first year students. This year I am watching the Evidence online video and it, too, is very helpful.

69Coronet

New

Post by 69Coronet » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 am

I bought last year's Barbri book on Amazon for $12 shipped because I thought it would be a great way to get a bunch of outlines in meta form for cheap.

Thus far, I've found some of them to be really helpful and some of them not as helpful. Its just like any other commercial outline. However, if you need clarification on an overarching concept, I think they're worthwhile. The other thing I'm happy about is the true/false questions and hypotheticals at the end of each section.
Again, they're "large theme" based, but they're good to make you go, "oh damn, I guess I don't know my [personal jurisdiction] too well."

INFOWARS.COM

New

Post by INFOWARS.COM » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:27 pm

You can use the barbri outlines to create a rough outline for your class. Fill in the gaps with class notes and a 2L/3L's outline that had your prof.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”