Interschool exam/outline exchange Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
quiver

Silver

Interschool exam/outline exchange

Post by quiver » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:48 am

I've seen a bunch of individual threads requesting exams and/or outlines from students at other schools who have a specific professor. I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate those requests and answers. Not sure if this will work or if this thread will die, but I figure it's worth a shot.

I'll start: need help from a Fordham student. Feel free to reply or PM me if you can help, I'd really appreciate it.

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Interschool exam/outline exchange

Post by romothesavior » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I think this thread is a good idea.

I am in need of a good outline for Criminal Procedure. We basically read the LaFave book from page one right on through, so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:29 pm

this is a good idea but the only way it will ever ever work is if there is some kind of organization on the tls website itself...like an outline bank. OR if we make a TLS outline bank dropbox acct...we can each make a folder for our school within the dropbox and then everyone can access it and get what they need from their schools respective folder.

in a thread...it will just never work

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Thought this was tried already by a TLS and a website created? Could be wrong, but I'll try to look it up.

Here you go: --LinkRemoved--

And here's the thread from the poster who started it:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=162642

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:16 pm

goosey wrote:this is a good idea but the only way it will ever ever work is if there is some kind of organization on the tls website itself...like an outline bank. OR if we make a TLS outline bank dropbox acct...we can each make a folder for our school within the dropbox and then everyone can access it and get what they need from their schools respective folder.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of posting a request and then someone could respond via PM and email them the outline/exam needed. I'm not sure a full outline bank is needed for this professor specific type of inquiry. Obviously a full outline/exam bank would take care of that, but I'm not aware of one that is stocked with enough outlines/exams to make it useful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Metaread

Bronze

Post by Metaread » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 am

Good thread idea. I need help from an Emory student who had Abrams for Contracts. I wonder if any 2L would send me an outline they used?

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:46 am

As one poster has already mentioned, this topic idea keeps coming up, a poster has already made a good database: --LinkRemoved--, and it didn't really take off because no one uploaded their outlines.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:49 am

Bronte wrote:As one poster has already mentioned, this topic idea keeps coming up, a poster has already made a good database: --LinkRemoved--, and it didn't really take off because no one uploaded their outlines.
Wish we could tag this to the top of a forum section to get more push behind it and folks uploading (...selfishly hoping it will take off before I start as a 1L next fall) :D

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:33 am

Bronte wrote: As one poster has already mentioned, this topic idea keeps coming up, a poster has already made a good database: --LinkRemoved--, and it didn't really take off because no one uploaded their outlines.
see
quiver wrote:I guess I was thinking more along the lines of posting a request and then someone could respond via PM and email them the outline/exam needed. I'm not sure a full outline bank is needed for this professor specific type of inquiry. Obviously a full outline/exam bank would take care of that, but I'm not aware of one that is stocked with enough outlines/exams to make it useful.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:37 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:
Bronte wrote:As one poster has already mentioned, this topic idea keeps coming up, a poster has already made a good database: --LinkRemoved--, and it didn't really take off because no one uploaded their outlines.
Wish we could tag this to the top of a forum section to get more push behind it and folks uploading (...selfishly hoping it will take off before I start as a 1L next fall) :D
+1, I'd fully support this. It should be stickied.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:32 am

romothesavior wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:
+1, I'd fully support this. It should be stickied.
The people of TLS haven't exactly stood behind this, man.

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:06 am

dailygrind wrote:The people of TLS haven't exactly stood behind this, man.
The threads keep popping up. The database could reach a critical mass if it got a bit more exposure.

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 am

Bronte wrote:
The threads keep popping up. The database could reach a critical mass if it got a bit more exposure.
+1

I'm sure the support would be there

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:53 am

Bronte wrote:
Most schools have a Listserv which is way more useful for this. Most student groups also have outline banks. Many outlines people have access to, e.g. from Law Review banks, aren't to be shared outside that org.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 am

Bronte wrote:
I agree. Might as well sticky something, and see if it takes off. We've had some stupid threads stickied in the past, I think this one would be far more worth it than others.

Also, I think an idea like this would be cyclical. November would likely be the hottest month, which is probably why there is so much interest right now.

run26.2

Silver

Post by run26.2 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 am

There's an exchange here: http://www.outlinedepot.com/

You get credits for uploading an outline, or you can purchase them. I have found there are usually 2-3 outlines per professor/class for the more popular classes. You can preview the outlines before you download them. The outlines I have downloaded have been pretty good.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:34 pm

quiver wrote:
goosey wrote:this is a good idea but the only way it will ever ever work is if there is some kind of organization on the tls website itself...like an outline bank. OR if we make a TLS outline bank dropbox acct...we can each make a folder for our school within the dropbox and then everyone can access it and get what they need from their schools respective folder.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of posting a request and then someone could respond via PM and email them the outline/exam needed. I'm not sure a full outline bank is needed for this professor specific type of inquiry. Obviously a full outline/exam bank would take care of that, but I'm not aware of one that is stocked with enough outlines/exams to make it useful.

but then you ae depending on people reading the thread daily, which is not likely. and such a thread would move quickly..it just wouldnt work in a thread.. why would I read an outline request thread daily

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:33 pm

goosey wrote:
quiver wrote:

but then you ae depending on people reading the thread daily, which is not likely. and such a thread would move quickly..it just wouldnt work in a thread.. why would I read an outline request thread daily
I don't think you'd have to read it daily. If someone posted a new request in the thread then it would be near the top of the forum; if not, then it wouldn't and there would be no point in clicking on it. Of course that assumes that you are checking the forum itself frequently, as I'm sure many people are (enough to make the thread work at least). As another poster mentioned, outline banks for your own school are most likely available in some form so the point of this thread was mainly for specific requests for exams/outlines by visiting professors.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:36 pm

quiver wrote:
goosey wrote:
quiver wrote:

I don't think you'd have to read it daily. If someone posted a new request in the thread then it would be near the top of the forum; if not, then it wouldn't and there would be no point in clicking on it. Of course that assumes that you are checking the forum itself frequently, as I'm sure many people are (enough to make the thread work at least). As another poster mentioned, outline banks for your own school are most likely available in some form so the point of this thread was mainly for specific requests for exams/outlines by visiting professors.

sorry I probably didnt explain clearly: the post may be at the top of the forum, but after some point of ppl asking for outlines that are not relevant to me, I would stop looking at the thread. I see a lot of posts at the top o fthe forum that I have even posted in but I stop checking them. further, somebody that looks at page 72 of the thread might have an outline that someone asked for on page 4---its just not efficient.

if you ar einterested, I made a dropbox for this

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey errbody, I am looking for an outline for Crim Pro I. We used the Kamisar/LaFave abomination of a book, and pretty much read it from like page 1 thru 9-something. If you have a solid outline or know someone who does, I would greatly appreciate it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”