Might actually fail the MPRE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rayiner

Platinum

Might actually fail the MPRE

Post by rayiner » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:06 am

Not like "haha, oh yeah I might fail the MPRE" but rather "oh shit I might actually fail the MPRE."

IAFG

Platinum

Re: Might actually fail the MPRE

Post by IAFG » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:08 am

Maybe you should have started shopping for prep materials more than 36 hours prior to the exam?

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:12 am

It's possible to take it completely cold and pass.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 am

Rayiner...

I honestly passed the MPRE by studying from 12am to 4am the night before the exam. I woke up at 7am and got a 118 or so? Somewhere between 115 and 120... I also thought I was going to fail and I thought afterwards that I actually did fail. Thing of it is, the test is so easy it really is hard to not pass. If you have a 6 pack of beer and 12 hours (and the study aid in hand), you have enough time to pass the test.

PitchO20

Bronze

Post by PitchO20 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Take the exams in the BarBri book and memorize the BLL in the outline/video. You'll be fine; the practice exams provided by BarBri are harder than the actual exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm trying to think if I have ever heard of anyone failing the MPRE. It might be a physical impossibility; not sure, more research is indicated... :wink:

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:31 pm

PitchO20 wrote:memorize the BLL in the outline/video.
lolwut
PitchO20 wrote:the practice exams provided by BarBri are harder than the actual exam.
fck, I hope so

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:47 pm

BeautifulSW wrote:I'm trying to think if I have ever heard of anyone failing the MPRE. It might be a physical impossibility; not sure, more research is indicated... :wink:
When I took the MPRE in August, some broad was talking near me about how she was re-taking it and was concerned she might fail against because she had just taken the bar exam and was so burned out she hadn't studied for the MPRE.

And as far as study time, I took PR the semester before the MPRE and spent three hours the day before the exam doing practice exams I found online and passed.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:57 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Rayiner...

I honestly passed the MPRE by studying from 12am to 4am the night before the exam. I woke up at 7am and got a 118 or so? Somewhere between 115 and 120... I also thought I was going to fail and I thought afterwards that I actually did fail. Thing of it is, the test is so easy it really is hard to not pass. If you have a 6 pack of beer and 12 hours (and the study aid in hand), you have enough time to pass the test.
You give me hope.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 pm

RVP11 wrote:

You give me hope.

lbeezy

Gold

Post by lbeezy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Hahaha. I literally just bought a six pack and came home to study.

gobucks101

Gold

Post by gobucks101 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Started studying yesterday through questions with explained answers. After 2 hours of reading why I was wrong, I have gone from around 50% to 70%. Go to Kaplan.com cause they have their MPRE prep for free which includes I think it is 100 questions in the question bank with detailed explanations and two practice exams with same thing. After you do about 40 of the questions on there and read the explanations you can pretty much identify what kind of question it is and the probable answer.

random5483

Silver

Post by random5483 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:43 am

Ok, spent 3.5 hours studying total.

3 hours and some change on the Chemirinsky video.

Another 15-20 minutes reviewing the outline I filled out while listening to the video.

Too busy to spend more time on it now, but only a 2L so if I fail I still have time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:52 am

I'm thinking of getting some atrium "drink and study" going for tomorrow. I gotta write my comment.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:58 pm

It's that time of the year again.

I think I am going to be ok with the MPRE. I have watched the BarBri video and been studying the material a little since then, but I am wondering, is my firm going to care if I fail in November and take again in March? I am assuming no but just want to hear from anyone who knows

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring BoringBoring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring

This shit is boring.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:17 pm

No offense intended, but they made it harder since r_m took it. At least that is what I have heard. That said, I only know of one student last year who failed it on first try at my school... but then again I really didn't know too many students who took it.
Last edited by 3ThrowAway99 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:18 pm

meh nevermind here

ajmax8

New

Post by ajmax8 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:35 pm

chiming in here. just reviewed my class outline from last fall (yea I was lazy and didn't take it then), and did the 17 practice Qs from the MPRE website and got 11 wrong. fml. at least i think i figured out why i got them wrong.

It seems like the best bet is to go on kaplan and barbri's website and do the free practice problems, no?

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:01 pm

It's on Saturday, right? I think we should be okay.

slider

Bronze

Post by slider » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:18 pm

I don't think any firms would care if you failed MPRE in November as long as you pass the bar exam on the first shot and get sworn in on time. I wouldn't want to fail in March.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 am

Failing in March would suck ass bc then you would have to take it in August right after the bar (assuming 3L).....ugh

Well I just finished a BarBri practice test and got 50/60 right, which I was really happy about given that I all I have done is watch the BarBri lecture and review the outline from that once, but I felt uncertain on a lot of the questions. Would 50/60 be good enough to pass in NY (I know 10 are experimental so I guess say 42/50)?

I haven't taken PR yet and I kinda think it might be easier to take the test with your mind uncluttered from the musings of your PR professor....it is kinda laughable that pretty much all you need to know about PR can fit into a four hour BarBri lecture and yet we all have to take 30-50 hours of class on it.

Scurredsitless1

Bronze

Post by Scurredsitless1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 am

Does anyone know what % I need to get correct to get an 85 (historically anyway...)? As I understand it, about 25% of test takers get below an 85 (but many don't need to score that high...). 100 is the median score, correct?

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:08 am

Scurredsitless1 wrote:Does anyone know what % I need to get correct to get an 85 (historically anyway...)? As I understand it, about 25% of test takers get below an 85 (but many don't need to score that high...). 100 is the median score, correct?
I.P. Daly wrote:
BarBri recommends scoring between 32-38 out of 60 to achieve an 85 (obviously, only 50 of the questions actually count).

Here is the Nov. 2005 MPRE Scale:

Score/Percent Correct:

75-48%
77-50%
79-51%
80-52%
85-53%
86-54%

(Source: --LinkRemoved--) (This link has been removed).

So, in Nov. '05, it took a score of 32/60 to score an 85...

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:11 pm

crap. Totally forgot I am taking this on Sat.
Time to prep I guess. Part of me wants to put it off though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”