Older editions of supplements Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ryegye87

New

Older editions of supplements

Post by ryegye87 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:14 am

How old can one go with an edition of a supplement. For example (hypothetically of course), would it still be okay to use the 3rd Edition (1998) of Chirelstein's supp. on K's? Or is this just too outdated? I bought the new one, but was going to rent this one from the library and get started on reading it until the other one arrives in the mail.

dreakol

Silver

Re: Older editions of supplements

Post by dreakol » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 pm

it doesn't matter

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:18 pm

dreakol wrote:it doesn't matter
Civ pro it might. Ks your fine.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Grizz wrote:
dreakol wrote:it doesn't matter
Civ pro it might. Ks your fine.
Ks, Torts, Crim, and Property you are most likely safe with older supplements. I would be careful with Civ Pro and especially Con Law though.

Selfridge

New

Post by Selfridge » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:24 pm

I think civ pro it matters - buy a supplement from post twombly and iqbal

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

For Ks supplements, remember UCC 2-207 underwent revision in 2003. I know my professor is pretty much obsessed with this and has described it with his own terminology. Keep this in mind when studying the old UCC vs. the revised one. In the fourth edition K E&E they discuss both. Just thought I'd throw this in for what its worth.

thedive

Bronze

Post by thedive » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:12 am

alicrimson wrote:For Ks supplements, remember UCC 2-207 underwent revision in 2003. I know my professor is pretty much obsessed with this and has described it with his own terminology. Keep this in mind when studying the old UCC vs. the revised one. In the fourth edition K E&E they discuss both. Just thought I'd throw this in for what its worth.
I thought the 2003 revision was practically "dead".

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:20 am

thedive wrote:
alicrimson wrote:For Ks supplements, remember UCC 2-207 underwent revision in 2003. I know my professor is pretty much obsessed with this and has described it with his own terminology. Keep this in mind when studying the old UCC vs. the revised one. In the fourth edition K E&E they discuss both. Just thought I'd throw this in for what its worth.
I thought the 2003 revision was practically "dead".
I'm just letting people know what my experience is. As a general rule, I'm unsure which your teacher will prefer because I'm unsure which is the current authority; however, I'll worry about that later. For now, I'm worrying about what the prof says. Mine has explicitly stated to focus on his teachings and the 2003 revision. If in doubt, I'd ask in office hours. That's just me though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”