Gilbert v. Emmanuel's Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ph14

Gold

Gilbert v. Emmanuel's

Post by ph14 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:16 pm

What are the differences, and which is better in general? If you think certain ones are better for certain classes, please specify.

zeth006

Silver

Re: Gilbert v. Emmanuel's

Post by zeth006 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:19 pm

I don't have extensive experience with both.

For property law, Gilbert's was pretty solid for pure BLL. The Emanuel's which was keyed to my property casebook gave me a more in-depth understanding with respect to the BLL as applied to the cases.

Other than that, Crunchtime for Civ Pro was alright.

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Image VS. Image

The decision is clear.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:52 am

joemoviebuff wrote:Image VS. Image

The decision is clear.
Gilbert. Got it.

agathos

New

Post by agathos » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 am

gilbert for my tort ,the only reason is the author is the same as my casebook...It seems no bad.
However, I like E&E and understanding XXX series...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:06 pm

This is how I've decided to do things. I love supplements. I like to use them along with my casebook before class even if I think I have a pretty good idea of what is going on in the particular topic for that day. I looked through Gilbert's as well as Emanuel's and the primary difference I've found is layout. Gilbert's is very straight forward. Points are bulleted and it reads sort of like those outlines your highschool teachers made with powerpoint slides. Emanuel's is a little more connected in writing style and goes into more depth with explanation. I personally like Emanuel's but I really think it comes down to how you personally think. If there's a book store that sells both near campus I suggest going there and looking through each for your class to figure out what works best for you. As for E&Es, I have them and plan on using them as exam time draws closer.

bendtheslurry

New

Post by bendtheslurry » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 pm

alicrimson wrote:This is how I've decided to do things. I love supplements. I like to use them along with my casebook before class even if I think I have a pretty good idea of what is going on in the particular topic for that day. I looked through Gilbert's as well as Emanuel's and the primary difference I've found is layout. Gilbert's is very straight forward. Points are bulleted and it reads sort of like those outlines your highschool teachers made with powerpoint slides. Emanuel's is a little more connected in writing style and goes into more depth with explanation. I personally like Emanuel's but I really think it comes down to how you personally think. If there's a book store that sells both near campus I suggest going there and looking through each for your class to figure out what works best for you. As for E&Es, I have them and plan on using them as exam time draws closer.
This is horrible advice and this poster is completely untrustworthy.

:D

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:12 pm

bendtheslurry wrote:
alicrimson wrote:This is how I've decided to do things. I love supplements. I like to use them along with my casebook before class even if I think I have a pretty good idea of what is going on in the particular topic for that day. I looked through Gilbert's as well as Emanuel's and the primary difference I've found is layout. Gilbert's is very straight forward. Points are bulleted and it reads sort of like those outlines your highschool teachers made with powerpoint slides. Emanuel's is a little more connected in writing style and goes into more depth with explanation. I personally like Emanuel's but I really think it comes down to how you personally think. If there's a book store that sells both near campus I suggest going there and looking through each for your class to figure out what works best for you. As for E&Es, I have them and plan on using them as exam time draws closer.
This is horrible advice and this poster is completely untrustworthy.

:D

Have you seen my bookshelf lately :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”