Tips for 1Ls to Manage Stress Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ilovesf

Diamond

Re: Tips for 1Ls to Manage Stress

Post by ilovesf » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:55 pm

I don't know cause I'm only three days in, but basically all of my profs and my LWR prof said that outside of the class for which the case reading is due, the facts don't very much.. they won't really be included in my final briefs. They said just to concentrate on the rule which the case represents and understand the applications.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Workout. I run a lot and because of that it drives me to study more because I know I have to make up for all the time I'm working out. But at the same time it keeps me unstressed knowing I have done something productive and it makes me happy.

There is nothing like waking up at 5am and going for a run in Rock Creek park at 6 and watching the sunrise. For those who live in DC, try it.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:20 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:Workout. I run a lot and because of that it drives me to study more because I know I have to make up for all the time I'm working out. But at the same time it keeps me unstressed knowing I have done something productive and it makes me happy.

There is nothing like waking up at 5am and going for a run in Rock Creek park at 6 and watching the sunrise. For those who live in DC, try it.
This.

Do stuff that makes you happy to unwind. Play video games for an hour. Go to a movie. Have a post class drink with classmates etc. You'll learn more and do better in law school if you handle your stress better. Stress makes it harder to memorize and synthesize material.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:35 am

The correlation between effort and grades is minimal at best. With that in mind, drink, dance, attend sporting events, and socialize! Call it networking.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:42 am

Cupidity wrote:The correlation between effort and grades is minimal at best. With that in mind, drink, dance, attend sporting events, and socialize! Call it networking.
There is a correlation between smart studying (TLS / the correct supplements) and performance. You're correct though that 12+ hour library days don't help people in general. You're only given so much material in a week and you'd be wasting your time learning extraneous details that you will never be tested on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”