Malpractice Suit Targets Quality of BigLaw’s Temporary Lawye Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
areyouinsane

Bronze

Malpractice Suit Targets Quality of BigLaw’s Temporary Lawye

Post by areyouinsane » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Hilarious!

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... ry_lawyers

Goes to show what abysmal, downright moronic business people the Biglaw partners are. Doc review rates are now so low that you might as well have high-school kids or bums off the street doing these reviews. Lots of my friends still in the industry deliberately pass priv. docs thru just to stick it to these bastard firms. Wonder what a jury will think when they hear that the "lawyers" (LOL) performing these reviews are paid $25 an hour and have nicknames like "Shitfingers" and "Piss Feet"?

I guess the funniest thing of all is that the human mind is capable of producing such utterly worthless loads of crap in the first place. Reading corporate docs is like watching paint dry after popping 20 Ambiens. These "deals" are a real snooze-fest, kids.

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Malpractice Suit Targets Quality of BigLaw’s Temporary Lawye

Post by romothesavior » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:35 pm

areyouinsane wrote:Wonder what a jury will think when they hear that the "lawyers" (LOL) performing these reviews are paid $25 an hour and have nicknames like "Shitfingers" and "Piss Feet"?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your best line yet.

areyouinsane

Bronze

Post by areyouinsane » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Even better: Wait'll the jury hears from partner Baxter Davenport III about how/why he paid the help $25 an hour yet billed the clients at $350+?

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:08 pm

areyouinsane wrote:Lots of my friends still in the industry deliberately pass priv. docs thru just to stick it to these bastard firms.
Isn't that...not in their best interests? And don't lawsuits like t his only make things tougher for folks who are contract attorneys?

fanmingrui

Bronze

Post by fanmingrui » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:16 pm

I have nothing to add, just wanted to post in an areyouinsane thread before he gets banned again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

areyouinsane

Bronze

Post by areyouinsane » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Good read from ATL on the e-discovery lawsuit:

--LinkRemoved--

Pretty funny how Biglaw goes to all this trouble to woo/court the Top 14 crowd for associate positions, to the point where the clowns on here debate what color necktie to wear at OCI and whether to tie their shoelaces with a half-hitch or a palomar knot, etc. All those kiddies kissing major ass and the partners thinking their shit don't stink.

Yet for important discovery work all they do is have Hudson, HireCounsel or one of the other pimps toss up a craigslist ad and- voila!- a squad of unmotivated, angry, minimum-wage TTT losers like me come in and royally fuck up the project. The old saying is true: "When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys." There are no "deals" in the labor market. As I said, on these projects most of the people never even LOOK at the documents- they just click "Not Responsive: Produce." When you work a dead-end, low paying temp job in miserable conditions, where is the incentive to give a fuck?

Wonder how many future/current clients will be signing up with this dump to handle their matters? Esp. when they learn that their case was f-ed up by losers making $25 an hour for which they paid the firm $300+ an hour!

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 pm

areyouinsane wrote:Even better: Wait'll the jury hears from partner Baxter Davenport III about how/why he paid the help $25 an hour yet billed the clients at $350+?
it costs a lot to supervise all those piss feet you know
areyouinsane wrote:Lots of my friends still in the industry deliberately pass priv. docs thru just to stick it to these bastard firms.
This makes me happy
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:03 pm

In before the TLS crusaders come in puffing their chests calling areyouinsane a troll and calling for a ban.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:In before the TLS crusaders come in puffing their chests calling areyouinsane a troll and calling for a ban.
nah, the swarm loves him, this guy's credibility is rock solid
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Borhas wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:In before the TLS crusaders come in puffing their chests calling areyouinsane a troll and calling for a ban.
nah, the swarm loves him, this guy's credibility is rock solid
big bad van twinkle?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”