OS X Lion + ExamSoft Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ResolutePear

Platinum

Re: OS X Lion + ExamSoft

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Also, not sure people are aware of this. I thought it's the first thing that would be suggested to people in this situation:

You can partition your HD to boot Lion and Snow Leopard, depending on the need. Obviously, you would use Lion for everything, while Snow Leopard for just Examsoft.

You won't need much space(10GB?) for Snow Leopard, and as an added benefit - more reliability since it'll be a clean install of Snow Leopard.

RTFM

Bronze

Post by RTFM » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:24 pm

ResolutePear wrote:Also, not sure people are aware of this. I thought it's the first thing that would be suggested to people in this situation:

You can partition your HD to boot Lion and Snow Leopard, depending on the need. Obviously, you would use Lion for everything, while Snow Leopard for just Examsoft.

You won't need much space(10GB?) for Snow Leopard, and as an added benefit - more reliability since it'll be a clean install of Snow Leopard.
Care to share how?

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

RTFM wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Also, not sure people are aware of this. I thought it's the first thing that would be suggested to people in this situation:

Care to share how?
Try this.

RTFM

Bronze

Post by RTFM » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Heartford wrote:
RTFM wrote:

Care to share how?
Try this.
Ha. Well deserved. Thanks.

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:41 pm

RTFM wrote: Ha. Well deserved. Thanks.
You're welcome- I am always waiting for a good set-up for lmgtfy! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Heartford wrote:I emailed Exam 4 about it, and it took them a couple of weeks to get back to me. They basically said "we're working on it. Please keep in mind that we only had the dev version of Lion until the recent public release, so we're using that as an excuse for not being on top of our game."

I don't know anything about programming, but Exam 4 looks and feels like it was designed in 1986, so how difficult is it really to make it work on an OS update?
Anyone have an answer for this? Buying a MBP tomorrow and looking for any insights.

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:18 am

Perch wrote:
Heartford wrote:I emailed Exam 4 about it, and it took them a couple of weeks to get back to me. They basically said "we're working on it. Please keep in mind that we only had the dev version of Lion until the recent public release, so we're using that as an excuse for not being on top of our game."

I don't know anything about programming, but Exam 4 looks and feels like it was designed in 1986, so how difficult is it really to make it work on an OS update?
Anyone have an answer for this? Buying a MBP tomorrow and looking for any insights.
Worst case scenario

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:41 am

Perch wrote:
I'm not sure how much more of an answer you want. The people from Extegrity said they're working on it, but it's not ready yet. As Resolute Pear mentioned, there are workarounds if Extegrity doesn't get their act together before December (which would be ludicrous).

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:27 am

Heartford wrote:
Perch wrote:
I'm not sure how much more of an answer you want. The people from Extegrity said they're working on it, but it's not ready yet. As Resolute Pear mentioned, there are workarounds if Extegrity doesn't get their act together before December (which would be ludicrous).
Fair enough. The three stores in my area today only had machines w lion on it, so I went for it. Hope I don't regret it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:19 pm

No idea if anyone has checked lately, but it appears that Examsoft now supports Lion.

"Mac Requirements

A native Mac version of SofTest is now available. When you attempt to download SofTest, the native Mac version will appear, if it is available to you. In order to use SofTest on your Apple Macbook or Macbook Pro natively, you must have:

CPU = Intel processor
RAM = 512 MB
Drives = 50 MB or higher free disk space
Operating System = MAC OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6 (Leopard or Snow Leopard) or Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). SofTest may not be used in virtual operating systems.
Software = Internet browser. Internet connection for SofTest Installation, Exam Download and Upload
Administrator level account permissions (Instructions)"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”