GTM question Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
theturkeyisfat

Bronze

GTM question

Post by theturkeyisfat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:47 pm

would it be useful to outline GTM and memorize the different types of forks/ambiguities that the book points out? or is it enough to just understand that the whole point is to look out for and embrace ambiguities?

Seminole_305

New

Re: GTM question

Post by Seminole_305 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:22 pm

I am reading it again for the second time (just to embed the ideas of it in my mind) and this has crossed my mind.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 pm

theturkeyisfat wrote:would it be useful to outline GTM and memorize the different types of forks/ambiguities that the book points out? or is it enough to just understand that the whole point is to look out for and embrace ambiguities?
The later IMO. Focusing on the type is doing it wrong.

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 am

Honestly read through it once now, and then mark a day in early october to read it again. Then take some practice tests.

Its a very good book for those that are clueless, but you'll find that it states the obvious for the most part. But most 1Ls are pretty clueless, (I was.) Still good to read though, just realize that the fact that you read GTM 3 times won't be what determines your placement on the curve.

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:46 pm

theturkeyisfat wrote:would it be useful to outline GTM and memorize the different types of forks/ambiguities that the book points out? or is it enough to just understand that the whole point is to look out for and embrace ambiguities?
yes

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”