The Hijacked Booze Thread [Formerly how to deal with LS] Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
memphisbelle

Bronze

Re: The Hijacked Booze Thread [Formerly how to deal with LS]

Post by memphisbelle » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:23 pm

ResolutePear wrote:I just randomly passed by people who were talking about a chick that caught gonorrhea off a.. "toilet seat"
"I did not have inappropriate relations with that...toilet seat."

Ew.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:25 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:I just randomly passed by people who were talking about a chick that caught gonorrhea off a.. "toilet seat"

Ew.
That depends on your definition of what "is" is...

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:33 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
memphisbelle wrote:

Ew.
"Toilet seat". Hilarious. I'm sure that chick then gave it to her boyfriend, who is totally faithful and totally just got it from her. For serious. The porcelain did it!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:36 pm

geoduck wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
memphisbelle wrote:

Ew.
"Toilet seat". Hilarious. I'm sure that chick then gave it to her boyfriend, who is totally faithful and totally just got it from her. For serious. The porcelain did it!
Obvs... though the bf faithful part... jeez, whatevs.

For all we know, they could have been crazy college-aged swingers.

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:36 pm

bjsesq wrote:
quakeroats wrote:Everything you wrote. Classifying things at the brand-name level leaves a lot to be desired.
Perhaps because the special casks are expensive and we reference the market product from the distiller, which is either a 10 or a 12. My god, you are an absolutely pretentious douche in every single thing that you do.
I'm not sure what you mean by expensive, but price and quality often don't go in the same direction. As for the rest of it, let's use beer as an example. Founders Brewing Company makes a lot of great beer. Their Breakfast Stout, Kentucky Breakfast Stout, and Imperial Stout are some of the best beers in the U.S. However, every summer they release their Cerise, an uninteresting fruit beer. They tried to make a Quad to even worse results. This sort of thing is even more of a problem with companies that only make one or two good beers but have many more to choose from.

One nice thing about beer is that it's relatively easy to be consistent. You can make one beer taste the same from year to year. It's much harder to achieve consistency with whiskey and brandy, and harder still with wine. That's why it's best to recommend more than a brand name.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

memphisbelle

Bronze

Post by memphisbelle » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:29 pm

quakeroats wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
quakeroats wrote:Everything you wrote. Classifying things at the brand-name level leaves a lot to be desired.
Perhaps because the special casks are expensive and we reference the market product from the distiller, which is either a 10 or a 12. My god, you are an absolutely pretentious douche in every single thing that you do.
I'm not sure what you mean by expensive, but price and quality often don't go in the same direction. As for the rest of it, let's use beer as an example. Founders Brewing Company makes a lot of great beer. Their Breakfast Stout, Kentucky Breakfast Stout, and Imperial Stout are some of the best beers in the U.S. However, every summer they release their Cerise, an uninteresting fruit beer. They tried to make a Quad to even worse results. This sort of thing is even more of a problem with companies that only make one or two good beers but have many more to choose from.

One nice thing about beer is that it's relatively easy to be consistent. You can make one beer taste the same from year to year. It's much harder to achieve consistency with whiskey and brandy, and harder still with wine. That's why it's best to recommend more than a brand name.

ak13

New

Post by ak13 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:57 pm

quakeroats wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

Founders Centennial IPA is delicious. Delicious delicious delicious. Bump.

Corwin

Bronze

Post by Corwin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:08 pm

quakeroats wrote:Their Breakfast Stout, Kentucky Breakfast Stout, and Imperial Stout are some of the best beers in the U.S.
Just had Founder's Breakfast Stout for the first time a week or so ago. It's damn good.

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Corwin wrote:
quakeroats wrote:Their Breakfast Stout, Kentucky Breakfast Stout, and Imperial Stout are some of the best beers in the U.S.
Just had Founder's Breakfast Stout for the first time a week or so ago. It's damn good.
Indeed. The Kentucky is good, but I like the standard Breakfast Stout more.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”