What to do this summer? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Pierced

New

What to do this summer?

Post by Pierced » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:00 pm

I know some people take summer internships before Business School starts... but what about before law school? I'm currently unemployed and just killing time before I start at Penn Law. Do law students ever take law-related jobs for the summer before 1L?

Borhas

Platinum

Re: What to do this summer?

Post by Borhas » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Pierced wrote:I know some people take summer internships before Business School starts... but what about before law school? I'm currently unemployed and just killing time before I start at Penn Law. Do law students ever take law-related jobs for the summer before 1L?
people say it doesn't matter, but it could probably help your 1L summer job search if it's legit and focused on the area of prospective 1L jobs...

interning at the ACLU is better interview fodder when you're applying to a lot of 1L summer jobs than say... working at the GAP.

But still, it's probably not that big of a deal...
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschoolftw

Bronze

Post by lawschoolftw » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Agreed, anything you do will be negligible at best in finding a likely (unpaid) internship after 1L. I would personally just chill this summer. Relax and enjoy your time off. You're going to miss it once school starts and you get in the grind. I would rather spend that time seeing friends and family you won't have a lot of time for in a few months. And if not I would at least look for some kind of paid job to maybe cut costs before you start.

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Learn about the finer liquors. That may be the best preparation you can do during the summer prior to entering law school as a 1L. You won't regret it.

Rooney

Silver

Post by Rooney » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:14 pm

NotMyRealName09 wrote:Learn about the finer liquors. That may be the best preparation you can do during the summer prior to entering law school as a 1L. You won't regret it.
Perhaps a truer post was never made. +1m

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”