Is this a smart plan for Crim pro? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BarbellDreams

Gold

Is this a smart plan for Crim pro?

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Ok so Crim Pro to me seems like a bunch of interpretations of the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments. I decided I am going to stop reading the cases entirely and just do the supplement + find briefs on the cases so I can quickly pull out the necessary rule from each case without reading everything else. I plan on using the saved time to do tests and outline better for this class. Smart or worst idea ever?

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Re: Is this a smart plan for Crim pro?

Post by Lawl Shcool » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:46 pm

I was hoping you were going to suggest going out and getting arrested to experience it first hand.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:I was hoping you were going to suggest going out and getting arrested to experience it first hand.
Thats choice #3. Then waive right to counsel and take this thing on pro se.

joobacca

Bronze

Post by joobacca » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 pm

perhaps watch the barbri video. it clarified some things for me (especially car search). i just knocked it out while i was hungover on a saturday. i found crunchtime very helpful. i didn't use all of the E&E. i just hit up sections where i need some help, like probable cause and couple of other things like plain view (which is simple but gets weird when it gets to certain technology; it seems like it's whatever SCOTUS says is kosher controls). the practice exams i took (and the actual final) were very heavy on 4A. searches are lurking everywhere.

edit: i also noticed a lot of exams involve a car. so know thorton, belton, acvedo, whatever those cases were.

geekrocker37

Bronze

Post by geekrocker37 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:53 pm

We've done nothing with searches yet. All 5th Amendment Self Incrimination cases. 5th Amend, Messiah, Miranda. I've started looking at the E&E, which seems helpful; luckily our textbook chops up the cases to make them concise; otherwise, I'd probably give up reading the cases too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”