Retake Crim Law-HELP! Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
delfino57

New

Retake Crim Law-HELP!

Post by delfino57 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Ok, I am a 1L who failed Crim Law. I completely misread the exam. I got A-B's in every other class. So it's a fluke. I've come to terms with it. That being said I have to retake crim law. Does anyone know any school where I can do this over the summer? I would rather not do it at my own school in the Fall (for fear of being found out). Any help would be really appreciated.

random5483

Silver

Re: Retake Crim Law-HELP!

Post by random5483 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Make sure your school will allow you to take it in another school over summer. I know my one of the career advisors at my school mentioned that anyone interning outside of our school's area over summer can take classes at other law schools if we want with special permission.

Also be aware that law schools often do no let you retake failed classes without special permission. Make sure your law school is ok with you retaking the class at another school.

uci2013

Bronze

Post by uci2013 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:36 pm

One of our professors I think is teaching at U Wash over the summer. Seattle isn't a bad place to be in the summer.

inchoate_con

Bronze

Post by inchoate_con » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:23 am

lol... damn, you're gonna be at my loser school?

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:10 am

delfino57 wrote:Ok, I am a 1L who failed Crim Law. I completely misread the exam. I got A-B's in every other class. So it's a fluke. I've come to terms with it. That being said I have to retake crim law. Does anyone know any school where I can do this over the summer? I would rather not do it at my own school in the Fall (for fear of being found out). Any help would be really appreciated.
Now you've got my ass terrified, how do you misread an exam?

delfino57

New

Post by delfino57 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Veyron wrote:
delfino57 wrote:Ok, I am a 1L who failed Crim Law. I completely misread the exam. I got A-B's in every other class. So it's a fluke. I've come to terms with it. That being said I have to retake crim law. Does anyone know any school where I can do this over the summer? I would rather not do it at my own school in the Fall (for fear of being found out). Any help would be really appreciated.
Now you've got my ass terrified, how do you misread an exam?
It was a bull**** mistake in my opinion. It was a typical issue spotter exam (my first one ever) and I simply ran out of time and didn't get to a critical defense. It happened to be THE defense apparently. I don't think it warranted the grade but there is little I can do. Part of me is fine knowing it was a strategy mistake on my part. I would be more upset if I wasn't 'getting' law school or A's on most my exams.

Thanks for the input everyone. I really do appreciate it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”