Asking a lrrw professor for a rec advice Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
imisscollege

Bronze

Asking a lrrw professor for a rec advice

Post by imisscollege » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:20 pm

I was wondering if it was appropriate to use a 1L professor for a full year class (LRRW) to write you a rec for the 1L summer after only the first semester. Is this enough time?

Related question -- we haven't gotten our big memos back yet (weird right) but they are graded anonymously and if I did poorly, despite the fact that I am quite sure that she likes me, thinks i'm wicked smahhht, etc., does this mean I should not ask her? We are not technically graded until the end of the year so theoretically she could just tell them I'm solid and I could get a job before the employer has any idea I didn't do well, right?

dood

Gold

Re: Asking a lrrw professor for a rec advice

Post by dood » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 pm

"hey bro, u think i can a letter of rec from you?" worked for me. true story.

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 pm

I did not request any letters of recommendation from professors. I did ask two if they would be willing to serve as a reference and both were quite willing.

Amy wineBerry

New

Post by Amy wineBerry » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:10 pm

dood wrote:"hey bro, u think i can a letter of rec from you?" worked for me. true story.
I'm definitely going to try this. Except I'll replace "hey bro" with "yo, prof" since I don't think calling my female professor bro will go over well at all. If her response is yes, we will end the exchange with a fist bump. 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”